Attention Mods....RE: Athiest discussion in the Apologetics Area!

Just a suggestion, all these Athiest related questions are really flooding the board, while I’m not for banning anyone, I would rather see a sub category under Non-Catholic Religions…anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am sick of all these evolution threads, etc…create some special sub forum like was done for Islam…

I would rather see these discussions take place in a forum dedicated to Athiests. Great thread :thumbsup: Hopefully the mods take note of it!

I am also for a separate “does God exist?” forum only because some posts that aren’t meant to be a discussion on this topic has become so. I don’t have a problem with these discussions or the atheists on these boards, I just think it would help topics stay on topic.

I’m for a little more organization altogether. Perhaps separate forums for the main religions (Atheism included… it takes a lot of “faith” to believe in nothing), and possibly a division between discussions oriented toward marital issues (since there are a growing number of young people on the forum). I don’t really mind the number of posts discussing the existence of God, nor any other subject (except maybe when there are several posts on the same aspect of any one subject in use at the same time).

God bless,

Agricola

The problem with a separate “science” forum for evolution is that there is no scientific dispute with evolution. ALL the disputes with evolution have to do with Catholic theology or philosophy. So those are appropriate in “apologetics” or theology or philosophy. There is no debate on the science. None. That is a fact. I am sick of the evolution threads as well, but when creationists show up spreading untruth about the science, I will respond.

As for atheist discussion (please people learn to SPELL atheist, atheism, you sound like ignoramuses, etc), I before E except when sounds like receive, deceive, receipt, and atheist. :smiley:

A general philosophy forum for existence of God, Problem of Evil threads, etc could be appropriate. Got my vote.

Phil P

I vote for a separate sub-forum.
The problem is you cannot really have a debate with atheists because they do not believe in God and will only accept concrete proof of God’s existence. We can never provide the sort of proof that would satisy them so endless discussion with them is fruitless in my view.
Science is understanding the measurable.
Faith is believing the incomprehensibe.

[quote=PhilVaz]The problem with a separate “science” forum for evolution is that there is no scientific dispute with evolution. ALL the disputes with evolution have to do with Catholic theology or philosophy. So those are appropriate in “apologetics” or theology or philosophy. There is no debate on the science. None. That is a fact. I am sick of the evolution threads as well, but when creationists show up spreading untruth about the science, I will respond.

As for atheist discussion (please people learn to SPELL atheist, atheism, you sound like ignoramuses, etc), I before E except when sounds like receive, deceive, receipt, and atheist. :smiley:

A general philosophy forum for existence of God, Problem of Evil threads, etc could be appropriate. Got my vote.

Phil P
[/quote]

Yes, you’re right Phil, my bad on the spelling

Yes, Please make this discussion go away, it is not helping me grow in my faith, discussion with Atheists is a dead end…but if it makes you happy, then a sub forum for it would be much appreciated.

bump

I’m happy to post where ever the adminstration wishes, and would gracefully leave without complaint if asked by the administration to do so.

[quote=save me Jesus]Yes, Please make this discussion go away, it is not helping me grow in my faith, discussion with Atheists is a dead end…but if it makes you happy, then a sub forum for it would be much appreciated.
[/quote]

:rotfl:

You’re kidding right? It is an apologetics forum. I vote for another sub-forum. If moral theology and scripture can be sub-forums, why not philosophical theology?

I would be in favor of a seperate forum for science related topics. But I truly don’t think that evolutionary discussions should be placed under an ‘atheist’ forum, since many of us ‘theists’ would argue in its favor. Give us a science forum.

interesting, the vote so far goes to making a new sub forum…vote vote vote

Just to be different, how about limiting evolution to one thread a month in this forum? The mods could create an “Evolution - January” thread at the beginning of the month. Any other evolution thread during the month would be merged into it. At the end of the month that thread would be locked and a new “Evolution - February” thread started.

rossum

Sigh. :frowning: It would be nice if the “creationists” would at least read the current threads about evolution before starting yet another thread that adds nothing to what is being discussed (or has been discussed and beaten to death). Some people seem to have a perverse need to start threads simply because they want to be the person that started the thread, not because they have anything new to say.

My pet complaint: I wish that the Catholics would read the Catechism of the Catholic Church before they start a thread that asks a question that is explicitly addressed by the Catechism. I have no problem with someone asking for help in understanding what the Catechism is teaching, but for a Catholic to not even bother to read the Catechism before starting a thread seems like the height of laziness to me. Here we have this great gift from the teaching authority of the Church, and many Catholics apparently won’t touch it. If one has access to the internet, one can always do an online search of the CCC!

It seems to me that if one digs just a little bit, many atheists and many Darwinists aren’t really concerned about the existence of God, they are concerned about maintaining their belief in moral relativism.

I vote against sub-forums dedicated to atheism and Darwinism. IMO, a Catholic apologist should try to get beyond the sophistry of the atheists and focus the discussion on what is revealed by knowledge of the natural law.

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.