Attitude towards marriage

hai all,

I am new to this forum and even more joined today itself :slight_smile:

I would like to ask you about marriage… I am 25+ from India and started to search for a right woman and my parents also on this way.

But when I shared this matter with some of my classmates, other fiends, all are on the same opinion about it “is too early”… but I don’t feel so… I have a good salary to support a family and a good faith on Jesus, as HE will be there … i feel so

I would like to hear from you and I hope that here a lot of members from other countries.

Also one of my good friends, she is elder to me and married…told me that you have to marry a woman who has less qualified than you and her salary will be also less than of what you are getting.

Is these matters have a crucial role in married life? I don’t believe so, but unfortunately, I am still single… so need to know your opinion about this matter also…

God Bless You All.

Friend from India.

**What matters mos is what you are feeling called by God to do. If you believe that He is calling you to marriage then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.

Personally I think that if you want to be married (which you do), can support a wife and children (it sounds like you can) and you understand what the Sacrament of marriage truly is (I hope you do) then I think now is the perfect time to start searching for your bride to be.

As for education, social class, level of income etc etc etc, I don’t know what it is like i your culture but I can’t say that it’s very important to me. If I were a man I would look for two things in a wife to be.

1. She loves God and believes in His Church with all of her mind and heart

2. she would love me and her future children unconditionally and Christ-like

Good luck on your search…it’s not easy, but with much prayer I believe God will lead you to a great woman:) **

Hey PhpBroker, welcome to CAF :slight_smile:

Personally, I don’t think 25 is too young to get married. 18 maybe… Don’t a lot of young people get married in India?

As for who should have the higher salary, it shouldn’t matter but it can be an issue for some people. Before I got married, I took a True or False test with my fiancé given to me by the parish priest. One of the questions in there was something like “Do you think your future spouse would be upset if you made more money than he?” and I put yes. This was the one question where my husband thought there was an issue. I thought that honestly, he would feel less of a man if he made less of a salary than me. He said that wasn’t true at all. I don’t know… but it doesn’t matter really because he is an Engineer and making more than I can make in my field :smiley: So I doubt we will ever face the situation unless he loses his job or something.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the salary thing though. It really shouldn’t be an issue… But I haven’t been to India, maybe attitudes, as you say, are different there.

Are you from Goa?

Nice meeting another Catholic from India ! :thumbsup:

No… I am from Kerala State.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.