Attorney General Barr Warns Officials Targeting The Faithful, Backs Church Lawsuit

Is that really true?? How can they enforce that?

They are doing this for health reasons. You just cannot look at it like any other day when all is well

Seriously?

You envision a Covid " gotcha" on Judgement day?

I have to push the heart button on this post. It’s perfect

You might want to send a note to your pastor and ask if that is good theology. Pretty sure it doesn’t line up with Church teachings.

1 Like

Again, something you should talk to your priest or confessor about. Trying to get answers from other posters is probably not your best source. And you are liable to get conflicting information.

2 Likes

I’m not dodging. I am not your spiritual advisor. If you want someone to give you permission to skip confession, I’m not the person. If you want someone to give you permission to go outside, again, I’m not your person.

But, I bet if you call your parish, they will be able to figure out a way to help you. Take responsibility and call them instead of trying to put it on me.

I did not do that. You put a rather interesting interpretation on what I said. I told you I would not give you permission to do either, as it was not my place. I also did not offer in any way, shape, or form to hear your confession. Not my job.

So I will say it in a more simple way.

Ask your priest what happens if you don’t go to confession between now and when you die.
Ask your priest what happens if you don’t receive Communion between now and then.

Don’t ask your fellow CAF posters. We are not qualified to give you that kind of guidance. Asking us for that kind of guidance is not fair to us.

Is that clearer? If not, take this post to your priest.

1 Like

Absolution is necessary for all sins. Why are you asking me that? Don’t you already know that?

Where did I say that absolution is not necessary?

Then how come we needed a hospital ship to take non-corona cases because the hospitals are overflowing with corona cases? How come their a field hospital in the local park to take non-corona cases because the hospitals are overflowing with corona cases? How come some of my co-workers will NOT be back in their offices when this ends because they are dead? How come?

1 Like

Say that to your children. Observe their reaction.

1 Like

Do you seriously believe people live in crowded apartments out of choice! Do you even hear yourself? You really think a family of four lives in a 450 square foot studio because they like being on top of each other all the time? People live like this because salaries don’t match rent prices. And somehow you think people’s salaries can buy their a private house when it takes multiple salaries just to qualify for a rental apartment? Rich people can meet the 40 times rule, but regular working class people cannot. That’s why it take multiple people with full-time salaries to make the 40 times. And you can’t save to buy a house when all your income goes to rent.

I really don’t like talking to you rich people. You have no idea what real life is like for the 99%.

3 Likes

Please talk to your pastor instead of trying to harass me about it.

SugarMagnolia . . .

Then how come we needed a hospital ship to take non-corona cases because the hospitals are overflowing with corona cases?

Well think about it.

You are going in for in-patient evaluation of chest pain.
Or in-patient IV antibiotics for a foot infection in a diabetic patient or whatever.
Or re-admitting a patient with post-operative complications after they were sent home.
Or whatever.

You are going to deflect THOSE patients AWAY from a hospital setting that has the Wuhan Corona Virus potentially floating through the hallways.

You are going to send THOSE patients to the ship-hospital where they do NOT DO Corona Virus treatment and screen them before bringing them on-ship.

From here . . .

“Aside from New York, nationally there’s been no health system crisis. In fact, to be truly correct, there has been a health system crisis, but the crisis is that the hospitals are empty,”

Whatever God chooses.

The crisis is people are dying from one of the most contagious agents in the last century.
If you are 60, with diabetes, heart/ lung condition, high BP, going to a hospital is a high probability 1 way trip

Maximus1 . . .

If you are 60, with diabetes, heart/ lung condition, high BP, going to a hospital is a high probability 1 way trip

I think you need to read the thread.

SugarMagnolia was asking about the ship-hospital.

Why is that a “one-way trip”?

They (on the ship hospital) specifically make sure patients are Corona Virus-free before coming on these hospital ships that have been there for the last two weeks (that Rachel Maddow was telling you would not be there for a month).

2 Likes

Don’t tell me what’s happening in my own home!!! I hear the constant ambulance sirens. I know people fighting for their lives in the hospital. I know why the hospital ship is here. You have no idea what you’re talking about. NONE! ZERO!! Come into the heart of it!! Come into the epicenter of the epicenter and then talk trash :angry:

2 Likes

SugarMagnolia . . .

I hear the constant ambulance sirens.

So you are equating that with lack of ventilators, and hospital staff being over run??

I know people fighting for their lives in the hospital.

Nobody said or implied they weren’t.

People are always fighting for their lives in hospital settings.

So you are equating this with lack of ventilators, and hospital staff being over run??

I know why the hospital ship is here.

So do I.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.