Attorney General Directs U.S. Marshals to Protect Abortion Providers After Murder

Attorney general dispatches the U.S. Marshals Service to protect “appropriate people and facilities around the nation” in the wake of the murder of a late-term abortion provider.

foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/31/pro-life-groups-fear-backlash-tiller-murder/

…U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder dispatched the U.S. Marshals Service to protect “appropriate people and facilities around the nation” in the wake of the murder of late-term abortion provider Dr. George Tiller in Wichita, Kansas on Sunday morning…

A quote from the article:

“Violence and murder will never end the need for abortion,” said Dr. Suzanne T. Poppema, board chair of Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health. “With great sadness and discouragement we call on the government to reactivate its protection system for our nation’s abortion providers.”

Restated as is really is and makes the argument sound as ludicrous as it should:

“Violence and murder will never end the need for murder,” said Dr. Suzanne T. Poppema, board chair of Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health. “With great sadness and discouragement we call on the government to reactivate its protection system for our nation’s murder providers.”

If late term abortion, indeed any abortion, can be justified…Dr. Tiller’s fate can also be justified. I don’t consider his death a victory in any way but it will provide a little protection for some of the unborn, especially those who are old enough to live outside the mother. Too bad the reprieve will probably be short lived.:shrug:

Murder is wrong, and I’ll be praying for the doctor. However, I wonder if his supporters would be okay if the killer just said he “aborted” the doctor.

I wasn’t aware the dear doctor suffered such a grizzly end. Good grief! A bullet or a blender! :hmmm:

I wonder if Eric Holder will dispatch protection…

the next time a 7-11 (or other) clerk is shot down and murdered.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.