Attributes of God - a Comparative Study of Christian Denominations

Hi
I want to make a comparative study of all the Christian denominations through knowing their concept of attributes of God they assign to God. Please mention your denomination and the authoritative source of you information. Would you kindly cooperate?
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

I have studied theology from the Protestant, Orthodox and Catholic branches of Christianity. I think all can agree on these as being positive attributes of God:

Power
Wisdom
Love
Goodness
Mercy
Compassion
Judgement
Wrath
Anger
Beauty
Holiness
Creativity
Glory
Eternity

There are also ‘negative’ attributes of God, or what God is not (not visible, not material, etc)

Immaterial
Infinite
Incomprehensible
Invisible
Ineffable
Inexpressible
Uncompounded
Unchanging

Hi
Thanks you for your response. Since you have studied theology of three mainstream Christian denominations; would you kindly elaborate on the similarities in attributes of Christian God of each of them distinctively and the un-similarities of them, with sources if possible.
Thanks again
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

Hi
I would like my friends to reply.
Thanks

Hi
Martin Luther has given attributes of ChristianGod; father, son, spirit; separately for each of the three persons of Trinity, which have been presented in the form of a chart by me in one of my earlier posts on the thread for easy understanding. I would like the attributes of ChristianGod as JWs view it in the same order, if possible, but through some authoritative source.
Since to me the** JWs are also Christian **as they say so, and I respect their faith, I therefore hope some JW would respond.
Thanks

Define what you mean by Christian?

PAX

Hope this Link helps:
newadvent.org/cathen/06612a.htm

Mike osb oblate

This link should help:

watchtower.org/e/ti/index.htm

In particular, note the links on the left: “What Does the Bible say about God and Jesus” and “The Holy Spirit - God’s Active Force”

Steve

Hi
Thanks brother Steve; now I get it. Attributes of the JWGod is much different from the ChristianGod and comes closer to the true concept of GodAllahYHWH mentioned in revealed scriptures, and does not have the misunderstandings of the “inspired” ones. This is my first impression. I will peruse it closely in due course of time.
Thanks indeed.

Hi
For secular purposes anybody who says that he is Christian; nobody could dictate him that he is not. So, the JWs and the Mormons if they say they are Christian, that right could not be denied to them.
Thanks

Interesting JW is closer to Allah, not sure what they would think.

You know paarsurrey you have to post the link to your research when you are done, if you can it could be interesting. Also, if you would like we could check if facts are correct. If they are not then it will make your hard work no good, and that would not be good.

Hi
Since the research will be in the open, it will not be secretive, you and everybody else would be wellcome to check it and accept it all along starting form today.
I copy here from the JWs source:
What Does the Bible Say About God and Jesus?
IF PEOPLE were to read the Bible from cover to cover without any preconceived idea of a Trinity, would they arrive at such a concept on their own? Not at all.
What comes through very clearly to an impartial reader is that God alone is the Almighty, the Creator, separate and distinct from anyone else, and that Jesus, even in his prehuman existence, is also separate and distinct, a created being, subordinate to God. Unquote
Is it the same as CatholicGod?
This is the first passage.
Thanks

So can I say I am an American? Or an African?

And nobody can tell me I’m not?

Hi
No Catholic friend has yet commented on the following passage from JWs official website.
**What Does the Bible Say About God and Jesus? **IF PEOPLE were to read the Bible from cover to cover without any preconceived idea of a Trinity, would they arrive at such a concept on their own? Not at all.
What comes through very clearly to an impartial reader is that God alone is the Almighty, the Creator, separate and distinct from anyone else, and that Jesus, even in his prehuman existence, is also separate and distinct, a created being, subordinate to God. Unquote
Is it the same as CatholicGod?
I am waiting for your comments.
Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.