Auschwitz survivor is world's oldest man, Guinness says

**Auschwitz survivor is world’s oldest man, Guinness says **

Israel Kristal, who is 112 years and 178 days as of Friday, received his Guinness World Records’ certificate at his home in Haifa.

“I don’t know the secret for long life”, Kristal said upon achieving the title. He added, solemn: “The smarter men, stronger and more handsome than I am no longer of this world”.

Kristal has lived through both World Wars and survived the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz in the 1940s before relocating to Israel, where he now lives with his family.

NFL News nflnr.com/2016/03/12/auschwitz-survivor-is-worlds-oldest-man-guinness-says.html

Not sure who this NFL news is, yes, they do run NFL stories as in professional football but this has been all over the news the past few days; might as well post it.

Looks strong at that.

That is really just great to hear.

Wow! Guess he’s a survivor! :smiley:

Well he couldn’t have chosen a better way to spite the Nazi regime that tried to exterminate him. Hopefully a life well lived and my best wishes to him.

^^^^this…and my wishes, as well!

I used to do some lawn care work for a concentration camp survivor, thru our church back when I owned the lawn care company, I have only met one person that was in one those death camps, all I can say, its apparent how strong they are.

Plus, I learned later, this man was childhood friends with John Paul in Poland. He died last year, he left his entire estate to my parish.

He was a very nice man, I wish I had got to meet him earlier in life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.