Aussies asked to Change name of Christmas

Guess who is doing the asking? A Muslim council. I thought the Aussies told them to leave if they don’t like the Aussies way?

news.com.au/story/print/0,10119,17454097,00.html

sad very sad, im australian and let me tell u they have no chance in hell of changing christmas. there just a minority.

“But the Islamic-relations forum director, Kuranda Seyit, told The Sunday Mail it was time for Australia to fall in line with places such as the UK, where councils have renamed Christmas ‘Winterval’ and replaced references to Christmas on signage with the words ‘Festive’ and ‘Winter’.”

It has??? Well this certainly not the case in Nottinghamshire! It’s still very much Christmas!

This is ridiculous!

the u.k has always been weak when dealing with muslims and jews, there country is losing there way. BTW that aritcle didnt make it into any big media news paper or news program so im not paying attention to it :smiley:

[quote=mpav]Guess who is doing the asking? A Muslim council. I thought the Aussies told them to leave if they don’t like the Aussies way?

news.com.au/story/print/0,10119,17454097,00.html
[/quote]

I’ve lived in Aus all my life and I’ve never heard of this so-called* “Forum on Australia’s Islamic Relations”*. I doubt very much that it’s “a Muslim council”. Every Muslim I have ever heard speak about the issue is strongly in **favour **of Christians publicly celebrating Christian festivals, and wouldn’t dream of asking them to stop. You’ll probably find that this so-called “forum” contains few if any Muslims, and is probably merely the mouthpiece of a tiny handful of Anglo militant atheists who still haven’t matured out of an infantile reflex hatred of Christianity arising from their childhood when their parents made them get out of bed go to church. They’re using the excuse of “multiculturalism” to disguise their infantile attention-seeking.

[quote=melbourne_guy]the u.k has always been weak when dealing with muslims and jews,
[/quote]

Really? Would you like to provide some proof? At least we call it Christmas, unlike in the US where it seems you have to call it ‘the holidays’.

Mike

I hope the common sense prevails.

[quote=Franze]I hope the common sense prevails.
[/quote]

Common sense and Politicall Correctness are polar opposites.:mad:

PF

[quote=WanderAimlessly]Common sense and Politicall Correctness are polar opposites.:mad:

PF
[/quote]

Yes, for this reason I prefer common sense

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.