Australia's Abbott defends comments on Islam

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_SINGAPORE_AUSTRALIA_ABBOTT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

He should have made it clear that he was not speaking of modern Western Culture, which in many ways is actually inferior to Islamic culture, in that it has legalized abortion, homosexuality, suffers from rampant sexual promiscuity, immodesty, drug abuse, etc, etc.

Abortion is certainly a scourge of our time but our modern western culture is much more sensitive to fundamental human rights and a universal common good. Principals of freedom and equality are a godly evolution and underpin the common good. I don’t believe that you would prefer an Islamic state to modern western culture.

I didn’t say I would prefer an Islamic state, only that in many ways Islamic societies are morally superior to Western societies which not so long ago also prohibited the various ills I listed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.