Authentic Masculinity, Christ as "Nuestro Capitán y Campeón"

Yesterday evening, I started listening to the Hymno a Cristo Rey on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrgOiOzFIEo

I found it really inspiring, so inspiring in fact that it actually caused me take a major step forward in that, it encouraged me to start working on reclaiming and forming my masculinity. I have been unable to form my masculinity because I have a variety of issues that I have been struggling with for a longtime, including a sexual perverse and struggles with habitual sin.

When listening to Hymno a Cristo Rey, there are several lines that really encourage me to form my masculinity, including referring to Christ as “Nuestro Capitán y Campeón” that is “Our Captain and Champion,” viewing Christ that really brings out my masculinity. I was wondering if anyone here has any advice or comments on viewing Christ as “Capitán y Campeón,” or other questions and comments on the song or other aspects of authentic masculinity that can help me develop this further?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.