Author Tells ‘Normal People’ Not to Wear Hats Resembling MAGA Cap (Red Hat)

Rebecca Makkai, 41, tweeted Saturday that she “uncomfortable” around anyone wearing red hats these days.

Makkai also said that sports fans who wear red to cheer for teams such as the Cincinnati Reds, the Philadelphia Phillies, and the Washington Nationals should not wear their hats in public.

“Not worth making disenfranchised people feel unsafe,” she said.

Especially when those caps are made in China!

2 Likes

I have a “Make Data Great Again” red hat that I picked up for free from a software engineering conferences. I hold onto it as a novelty. It’s never been worn.

1 Like

Phillies fans will wear what Phillies fans want. They love their team!!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

TDS is for real and she has it bad

8 Likes

Darn right. Every boo we make is out of love. And while I sympathize with people not wanting to ‘trigger’, let me remind the author:

Honey, “PINK” is a shade of red. Pink is the combination of red and white. And we all know that there are a lot of women, and some men, out there who have a great fondness for pink kitty hats. If you want ‘red hats’ gone, then in all fairness, you have to ask for pink hats --which have red in them all the way through, not just as an accent or lettering–to begone as well."

4 Likes

The MAGA hats are not the problem, but often what’s in the head that fills them.

3 Likes

Nonsense!,:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh, oh.

What about Santa Clause?

8 Likes

Who got disenfranchised?

Enfranchise means you’re allowed to vote.

Which group lost the vote?

I kinda think that anybody who believes some people lost their right to vote since 2016 isn’t in a position to decide who’s normal and who isn’t.

4 Likes

That’s the same comment I made on Tim Pool’s video on this same topic. :smile:

I went to public talk by Ambassador Michael McFaul, shortly after Trump made headlines by offering to submit him to Russian interrogation. Someone in a red hat with the white letters “Make America …” approached to ask a question. He welcomed the man and said that’s OK. As the questioner got closer, McFaul smiled as he was finally able to read all of the letters: the hat said: Make America Think Again.

2 Likes

mrhga

9 Likes

I was also thinking about the Cincinnati Reds, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers fans. I know some hats for the Miami Heat, Cleveland Indians, and Chicago Blackhawks are also red.

I hate to be the one that has to tell you this, but Santa died many years ago. Your mom and dad have been having to fill in for him ever since. Some, though, say that his spirit guides parents to get the perfect gift for their little children. (Hallmark Channel here I come!)

1 Like

No more Polish parades either. :slight_smile:

Just say no to anything red out of China…

This gives pause for reflection

2 Likes

Wait. So if it is ‘in the head that fills them’ is this something only for those who wear ‘MAGA’ hats? Or if there are problems in the heads of people ‘wearing hats’, is the solution to ban the HAT?

I think the real problem is in the heads of those who want to control the thoughts of others. This craziness has got to stop.

6 Likes

It’s even more crazy that they believe they know what someone wearing a red hat really thinks.

They’ve been indoctrinated to believe that they can know what other people are thinking.

Amazing.

6 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.