Ave Maria played on a saw

Yeah, it sounded horrid to me, too but it’s actually pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kmft674XPC0&feature=channel_page

I’ve heard of “musical saw” before. They even make saws specifically for playing on. But I’ve never seen someone play a saw with vibrato before.

That looks insanely difficult. He has an incredible ear. If he starts a note slightly off, he seems to know exactly where to go to make it right almost immediately.

Beautiful and incredible!!

Fifty years ago when I was a child we had an “revival” (you will probably have to be a convert from a southern evangelical protestant denomination to know what that is) with a evangelist that played musical saw. I will never forget his performance of “Amazing Grace”. Probably the most blessed I had ever been by Christian music before hearing the Vivaldi “Gloria” in high school.

I remember Revivals. It was such a crazy concept, church every day of the week :slight_smile:

Have something even better now. It’s called “daily mass”. Better for three reasons:[LIST=1]
*]It lasts about thirty minutes not an hour and a half.
*]No guilt trip.
*]The Blessed Sacrament
[/LIST]

Took a “staycation” last week and was able to attend daily mass. Now that was a ***real *** revival.

Surprisingly that was quite beautiful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.