Ave Maria

Ad Jesum per Mariam :)

youtube.com/watch?v=_6Qu15k24SA

What a beautiful song; it's one of my favorites. I love Our Lady so much! :extrahappy: Thanks for posting!

Did you know Beyonce has a song with this same title? What do you think about that? She is married to a freemason & doesn't seem Catholic, but I didn't really listen to the song. It just didn't seem good.

[quote="SANxJONERO, post:3, topic:180325"]
Did you know Beyonce has a song with this same title? What do you think about that? She is married to a freemason & doesn't seem Catholic, but I didn't really listen to the song. It just didn't seem good.

[/quote]

I haven't listened to Beyonce's version - she is too commercialized. Don't despise the song because someone has twisted it into something it was never meant to be.

Our Lady is much, much greater than Beyonce would like to betray her!

[quote="wxboss, post:4, topic:180325"]
I haven't listened to Beyonce's version - she is too commercialized. Don't despise the song because someone has twisted it into something it was never meant to be.

Our Lady is much, much greater than Beyonce would like to betray her!

[/quote]

Yes I agree & I like the real song. I like some of the versions sung by women the best.

[quote="SANxJONERO, post:5, topic:180325"]
Yes I agree & I like the real song. I like some of the versions sung by women the best.

[/quote]

I agree. However, the one version I do do have is by Josh Groban.

With songs like this, I look (or listen :)) for the heart of the artist as they direct it towards the song itself - not someone wanting to be cute or flashy and try to invent something new or different.

I love the version sung by David Archuleta. It is so beautiful!

Let's not forget Pavarotti!! :D

[quote="Silyosha, post:8, topic:180325"]
Let's not forget Pavarotti!! :D

[/quote]

I haven't. In fact, it's his version that I have as a ringer on my phone. ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.