Ave Maria

Are there any other men out there who tear up at the song?? It gets me every time.

In my opinion, it is the most beautiful song ever written. I just can’t help thinking that the Holy Spirit somehow inspired the composer to write this hymn as a gift to Mother Mary for her unselfish obedience to the Will of the Father in Heaven.

My wife is a professional singer. We have been married almost nine years. The first year we were married I converted to Catholicism and I am currently a youth minister. She was bothered by this (she was Seventh Day Adventist). Last year she finally became Catholic and this year when she released her Christmas CD the first song she chose for it was Ave Maria. Wow. Who would have imagined. If you want to hear it go to
www.myspace.com/jaimethiettenmusic. It is unbelievable. You can also read more about her at www.jtmusic.net as well.
Can you tell I’m just a little bit proud of her?

I’ve heard many, many renditions of Ave Maria. This is one of my favorites. youtube.com/watch?v=VDucP93apBU I could just play it over and over and over again. What are your favorites to share?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.