Avenatti arrested by IRS agents during California Bar Association hearing

1 hour ago

Last Update 58 mins ago

Avenatti arrested by IRS agents during California Bar Association hearing

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

LOS ANGELES – Attorney Michael Avenatti was arrested by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents Tuesday evening during a break in a disciplinary hearing in Los Angeles over allegations that the high-profile lawyer scammed a client out of $840,000.

The arrest occurred around 6 p.m. outside the State Bar Court, where the State Bar of California has initiated proceedings against him.

“I can confirm that he was arrested by federal agents," Avenatti’s lawyer Dean Steward said. "I anticipate a bail hearing at 2 p.m. tomorrow . . . .

Rememeber. This is a guy the Democrats were “taking seriously” for President 2020.

At least some of them.

Here is CNN’s Brian Stelter saying how at least he is taking Avenatti “seriously” as a 2020 (Democrat) presidential candidate.

From political satirist Mark Dice. (Dice does the voice-over (satire) but it was REALLY what Stelter was saying!)

Other leftists were urging him to run as a Democrat too.

CNN and MSNBC had this guy on well over a hundred times back in the Stormy Daniels spoof days (the “spoof” was pretending it was virtually top-story newsworthy almost every night for two and a half months on CNN and MSNBC’s “news” outlets).

I don’t know if “yall” remember this, but Avenatti made a minor resurgence during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings too attempting to get himself back on the “front page” (at least that was the way I saw it).

Avenatti has gotten himself into enormous amounts of trouble.

I’ll post some of that history in the next post (for reference purposes).

1 Like

If interested (or at least as a reference tool if in the future you get interested) . . . .

1 Like

Published 5 hours ago

Avenatti allegedly took settlement money from football fans

By Lee Ross | Fox News

LOS ANGELES – Disgraced attorney Michael Avenatti is accused of stealing money from dozens more clients than previously known, according to newly unsealed documents and recent interviews with Fox News. . . .

. . . It’s alleged that Avenatti, currently behind bars awaiting trial in New York on unrelated charges, directed up to $1.3 million in settlement funds – intended for approximately 170 clients – to cover his own expenses. It’s the latest example of alleged malfeasance by the lawyer who was once a fixture on cable news and flirted with a presidential run.

“We didn’t receive any of that,” Donald Albaugh, one of Avenatti’s clients, said by phone Monday. . . . .

. . . “Avenatti used the remainder of the approximately $1.31 million dollars [he] and his law firm received from the settlement of the Super Bowl Litigation for [his] own personal and business purposes,” Karlous wrote.

AVENATTI TRIES TO SUE STORMY DANIELS FOR OVER $2 MILLION

Avenatti has not been charged with defrauding his clients in the Super Bowl case, but Karlous wrote, “The government will be seeking to admit this evidence at trial on the basis that this criminal conduct falls squarely within and is inextricably intertwined with” an already existing 36-count federal fraud indictment in Orange County, Calif. In one of those charges, Avenatti stood accused of hiding the existence of the NFL settlement from a bankruptcy court dealing with his now-former law firm. . . .

. . . Avenatti was arrested in Los Angeles last week on allegations of violating his bond. Avenatti also stood accused of stealing money from adult-film star Stormy Daniels, who he represented . . .

. . . https://www.foxnews.com/us/michael-avenatti-nfl-football-fans-settlement-money

1 Like

Just pondering;
If he had been a foreign national here illegally, and these had been ICE agents, would he have been arrested? :thinking:
This is California, after all.

The only person I ever saw taking him seriously for Predident was himself.

An anchor on CNN was pushing him to consider running for president. They just replayed the clip
of the interview on Fox the other night. For awhile,
Avenatti was the hero and sitting down for interviews
with all the liberal anchors. You can’t make this stuff up.

puer.dei . . .

Here is political satirist Mark Dice with some video clips showing this.

(Remember. Dice’s voice-overs of Stelter do not subtract from what Stelter actually said.
Stelter is REALLY saying this foolishness to the few people that watch CNN!
Notice other leftists on the video are also at least implying some of the same.)

Tough thing to be rescued from the headman’s ax by a hangman.

One guy, that hardly anyone’s ever heard of – that’s your “the Democrats were taking seriously for President”?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

puer.dei. Just a little bit ago you were implying there was no one.

Now you moved the goalposts and added laughter to your own mistake. You changed one of the premises of my point.

Then laughed at it.

You are employing the fallacy of equivocation.

Now your brand new goalpost if I showed other people, will just change again.

Why not just admit you were wrong here? It’s not that big of a deal to admit.

lol that voice

But wow I mean what were these news people thinking? How did they get hoodwinked by this guy?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.