Avenatti arrested by IRS agents during California Bar Association hearing

1 hour ago

Last Update 58 mins ago

Avenatti arrested by IRS agents during California Bar Association hearing

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

LOS ANGELES – Attorney Michael Avenatti was arrested by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents Tuesday evening during a break in a disciplinary hearing in Los Angeles over allegations that the high-profile lawyer scammed a client out of $840,000.

The arrest occurred around 6 p.m. outside the State Bar Court, where the State Bar of California has initiated proceedings against him.

“I can confirm that he was arrested by federal agents," Avenatti’s lawyer Dean Steward said. "I anticipate a bail hearing at 2 p.m. tomorrow . . . .

Rememeber. This is a guy the Democrats were “taking seriously” for President 2020.

At least some of them.

Here is CNN’s Brian Stelter saying how at least he is taking Avenatti “seriously” as a 2020 (Democrat) presidential candidate.

From political satirist Mark Dice. (Dice does the voice-over (satire) but it was REALLY what Stelter was saying!)

Other leftists were urging him to run as a Democrat too.

CNN and MSNBC had this guy on well over a hundred times back in the Stormy Daniels spoof days (the “spoof” was pretending it was virtually top-story newsworthy almost every night for two and a half months on CNN and MSNBC’s “news” outlets).

I don’t know if “yall” remember this, but Avenatti made a minor resurgence during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings too attempting to get himself back on the “front page” (at least that was the way I saw it).

Avenatti has gotten himself into enormous amounts of trouble.

I’ll post some of that history in the next post (for reference purposes).

1 Like

If interested (or at least as a reference tool if in the future you get interested) . . . .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.