Avid Runner and Race Fees

Hello!

I am getting back into running, after my last pregnancy and signed up for a 1/2 marathon, soon coming up. It is an all-women’s race, which led me to wonder where the race money goes. Some of the National Race monies go to their charity partner :Every Mother Counts, which is a non-profit trying to reduce mortality rates of women during pregnancy. However, they do state part of the services include birth control education. I also just saw that one of the local race sponsors (though no money going to them) is a local OB/GYN office that, of course educates/encourages birth controls and states provides D & C.

Just wondering about my moral obligation to/not to participate if some of the race fees go to this particular national charity. Morally, though I would not go to this particular OB/GYN office, do I need to drop out, because they are sponsors? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Gabismom

My understanding is that race fees go to defray the cost of the event, not to contribute to the sponsors. The financial aspect of the sponsors goes the other way.

So breathe deep and run hard. IMNAAHO.

ICXC NIKA

A D & C is not always “post-abortion”.
It can be used to remove small pieces of placenta after childbirth. This helps prevent infection or heavy bleeding.
It is also used to diagnose or treat abnormal uterine bleeding.
A D&C may help diagnose or treat growths such as fibroids, polyps, or endometriosis, hormonal imbalances, or uterine cancer. A sample of uterine tissue is then viewed under a microscope to check for abnormal cells.

It doesn’t necessarily mean they do abortions there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.