Avoid the Minds of Morons

Good afternoon my friends. At the behest of a friend, I just visited another site that will remain nameless as we need to avoid forum swarming. Let’s just say that it is one of those “other” sites and leave it at that.

After reading a little, and then fighting back laughter (and vomit), I just wanted to point something out to you. I am, a Doctorate Candidate, and if there is one thing that I know for sure it is research. Now, just so that you do not ever get caught off guard, let me point out something that was seriously lacking on the other forum…scholarly research and source citation. Why is it that some Bible thumper thinks that he can just state an opinion that is backed up by nothing, and that this is going to convince someone? Does this still work anymore?

If it does, maybe I should start making wild unfounded claims about Protestants. Here are a few examples:

1. Being protestant will make you infertile.
  2. Being protestant will make your hair fall out.
  3. Being protestant will make you rich.
  4. Every convert to the First Church of (insert name here) will be granted a new Ferrari by God.
  5. Protestants get more chicks than Catholics.

What is the point of the list? There is not one, and that is the point. Read any of those and you just laugh at how stupid they are. Well, that is the way that I feel when I go to a Prot board and find some moron still saying that I worship the Pope.

Here is another thought. For 500 years we have been telling people that we do not worship the Pope, Mary, or anyone but Jesus. And we have told shown them time and again where the origin of that teaching is found. So, after 500 years it is hard for me to believe that at least a couple of Prots understand that part of Catholic teaching. IF so, why do the people starting this kind of a thread never get corrected? Probably the same reason that I can’t get a membership to any of those boards if I tell them that I am a Roman Catholic. Because they are liars and they want to go on telling lies. And these are the people who tell US that WE are not walking with Christ.

The problem is people have been lied to for so long it just comes naturally, why not believe your pastor or parents if they say the pope is the devil? But I do agree people are waking up, people are being exposed to stuff.

[quote=sadie2723]Good afternoon my friends. At the behest of a friend, I just visited another site that will remain nameless as we need to avoid forum swarming. Let’s just say that it is one of those “other” sites and leave it at that.

After reading a little, and then fighting back laughter (and vomit), I just wanted to point something out to you. I am, a Doctorate Candidate, and if there is one thing that I know for sure it is research. Now, just so that you do not ever get caught off guard, let me point out something that was seriously lacking on the other forum…scholarly research and source citation. Why is it that some Bible thumper thinks that he can just state an opinion that is backed up by nothing, and that this is going to convince someone? Does this still work anymore?

If it does, maybe I should start making wild unfounded claims about Protestants. Here are a few examples:

4. Every convert to the First Church of (insert name here) will be granted a new Ferrari by God.

What is the point of the list? There is not one, and that is the point. Read any of those and you just laugh at how stupid they are. Well, that is the way that I feel when I go to a Prot board and find some moron still saying that I worship the Pope.

Here is another thought. For 500 years we have been telling people that we do not worship the Pope, Mary, or anyone but Jesus. And we have told shown them time and again where the origin of that teaching is found. So, after 500 years it is hard for me to believe that at least a couple of Prots understand that part of Catholic teaching. IF so, why do the people starting this kind of a thread never get corrected? Probably the same reason that I can’t get a membership to any of those boards if I tell them that I am a Roman Catholic. Because they are liars and they want to go on telling lies. And these are the people who tell US that WE are not walking with Christ.
[/quote]

Some people take the “sheep” simile too literally and just follow along with whatever rhetoric elevates them up at the expense of another. I’ve been around enough non-Catholic services to get the gist of teaching (though this is not a scientific study with quantitative and qualitative data): that the non-C’s use the Catholicism to teach and endorse their own teachings and doctrines. For example, I have heard it said that “those in Rome pray to that Woman” so the non-Cs think “Hey, we don’t pray to Mary so we’re better.” It is as if they use Catholicsm to endorse their own brand of theology. Makes me wonder what religion they would use if Catholicsm was not around.

[quote=jim1130](though this is not a scientific study with quantitative and qualitative data): .
[/quote]

Now THAT is funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

[quote=sadie2723]Now THAT is funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
[/quote]

Out of respect to your PhD-track, of which the words used, particularly “data,” are enthusiastically embraced by all researchers and scientists :slight_smile:

[quote=sadie2723] So, after 500 years it is hard for me to believe that at least a couple of Prots understand that part of Catholic teaching.
[/quote]

Hi sadie. I post this because I appreciate your contribution to this forum and I would not like to see you get suspended. Although many members use the term “prot” to save time typing, it is against forum rules.

CONDUCT RULES
Do not use abbreviated terms such as “Prots” or “radtrad” etc. that may be offensive to the group to which they refer. Full names are best.

Peace and blessings to you,
Mickey

[quote=Mickey]Hi sadie. I post this because I appreciate your contribution to this forum and I would not like to see you get suspended. Although many members use the term “prot” to save time typing, it is against forum rules.

CONDUCT RULES
Do not use abbreviated terms such as “Prots” or “radtrad” etc. that may be offensive to the group to which they refer. Full names are best.

Peace and blessings to you,
Mickey
[/quote]

THANKS! So sorry about that. Protestants. My mistake. Sorry to all.

Wow… I am so glad you started this thread! I am fasting from open posting on “another” site for Lent; but, there have been times when what I’ve read just about knocked me off my chair. I was one of those who IGNORANTLY spoke in the negative of the Catholic Church, I was raised a Protestant. I thank God for encouraging me to seek His Truth. Point is, it is strictly out of ignorance that those on the other site(s) continue to spew moronic utterances. We must continue to take the high road and lovingly illuminate the path for them because day in and day out, many are seeing the Light and are coming HOME!

[quote=sadie2723]Good afternoon my friends. At the behest of a friend, I just visited another site that will remain nameless as we need to avoid forum swarming. Let’s just say that it is one of those “other” sites and leave it at that.

[/quote]

[quote=jim1130]Out of respect to your PhD-track, of which the words used, particularly “data,” are enthusiastically embraced by all researchers and scientists :slight_smile:
[/quote]

**There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.
-Mark Twain

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.