Avoiding the Angel of Light - What are your methods?

'All that is in the world, the cravings of the sinful nature, and the list of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.' - 1 John 2:16

So the world is a big place and the Angel of Light is a smart one. He is the father of all lies and often appears masquerading as holy, genuine, or figuratively speaking as a wolf in sheep's clothing. As I get closer to my vocation and calling, these attacks are starting to come from unexpected places and people.

I believe the world we are living in is part of a master plan contrived by the father of all evil. The single sin in the garden of evil has multiplied and grown not only in a linear fashion, but exponential. The advancement of science and technology in the past 200 years has connected our thoughts to a nearly unlimited amount of possibilities. While the use of these innovations in a way consistent with the faith would create significant good for the world, sadly we are falling behind in potential and average lifespan (lifespan recently peaked and decreased in the US due to obesity).

Inferior genetics is causing much turmoil in our bodies, our food, and our soil. God is perfect and nature is a reflection of God. We have begun to tamper with the perfection in our bodies and in the soil; it is affecting the minds and bodies of the current generation and leaving lasting effects on those to come.

After a rather lengthy introduction I would like to revert to the initial question posed in the title:

How do you avoid the Angel of Light?

When facing intense spiritual battle, these are my weapons:

• Saying the rosary as much as possible
  • Burying myself in the Bible
  • Attending mass daily
  • Spending time on my knees in prayer
  • Carrying St. Michael's medallion
  • Following the Liturgy of the Hours as much as possible
  • Confession
  • Seclusion if needed
  • Fasting if needed
  • Adhesion to natural and organic foods, especially green vegetables
  • Staying hydrated if possible
  • Wearing blessed objects
  • Using holy water
  • Seeking counsel and blessing from priests

Lucifer will try to alter our state of mind through either:

a) What we do/do not intake (ie food, water, alcohol, drugs, vitamins)
b) What we are/are not exposed to:
- Primary : Events, People
- Secondary : Thoughts, Reactions
- Tertiary : Dreams, Subliminal Thoughts
- Natural : Instincts, Reflexes

God Bless You! :)

AMDG

Isaiah 53

:gopray2::signofcross::signofcross::highprayer:

[quote="Julia_Mae, post:3, topic:318813"]

It sounds like he is referring to GMO crops.
[/quote]

I said many prayers this morning, went to the gym for two hours to get the endorphins flowing, and was headed to a different church I haven’t been to today at noon for confession and mass.

I always remember my phone. Today, I forgot my phone and had my iPad on me with the first 10 of 12 steps of directions to the church. I thought okay, this is my test for the day. I headed to within two miles of the church and stopped by an auto store to check out a map.

Nope, no maps. I kindly ask an attendant to use their computer to check google maps with 20 min to spare prior to noon mass. He kindly obliges and even offers to print out a map for me - nice guy.

I show up 10 min early and then … priest doesn’t show. He missed the mass!

I dove into the LOTH and lit a few prayer candles. I approached another person and asked if they wanted to do the readings together as the priest didn’t show. Fast forward an hour later and he finally shows. I get a good confession in and feel renewed, motivated. The verse of Isaiah really captured this for me today:

‘Come now, let us set things right says the Lord: though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow; though they may be crimson red, they may become white as wool.’ - Isaiah 1:18

I talked with the priest about avoiding spiritual attacks; he said I was doing just about all I could be doing to avoid spiritual attacks on me.

Keyword : me. Not others.

I left there feeling good and decided to go to the 6pm Sunday vigil at my local church. Everything was going fine until the lady on my left started SEIZING during the Nicene Creed and FELL on me, her body numb, limbs locked and eyes locked on me. She was not conscious and I propped her legs up on the pew while the ushers came quickly and aligned her head and neck.

EMT, Ambulance came onto the scene and they brought a defribulator just in case. She had a weak pulse but was alive. After about ten minutes she regained consciousness, but was a bit out of it. She cut her leg in the fall and they were worried about a neck fracture so took her off in a stretcher. The whole church was focused on the scene, but the priest kept on with the mass and actually ended early.

I felt somewhat responsible as I feel the Angel of Light could not reach me, so focused on those around me. I am nervous for any attacks on my family. I had attacks take place in 2010 when I was coming closer to the vocation before and it was a very difficult time. You never really know if it is coincidence, fate, wrong time wrong place, or a direct attack from Satan. However, when they start occurring on a regular basis, you can only begin to wonder.

I have to think about what is worth this vocation to the priesthood. Will I face spiritual attacks and suffering? Yes. Key verses:

◄ 1 Peter 3:14 ►But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED

Proverbs 3:25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,

Isaiah 8:12 "Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

James 5:11 As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

1 Peter 2:19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God.

God Bless You.

AMDG

Isaiah 53

[quote="Isaiah_53, post:6, topic:318813"]

I felt somewhat responsible as I feel the Angel of Light could not reach me, so focused on those around me.

[/quote]

Maybe you really aren't that significant. Less time focused on yourself and more time focused on others might be your best defense. Prayer is nice. Service is required.

[quote="Julia_Mae, post:7, topic:318813"]
Maybe you really aren't that significant. Less time focused on yourself and more time focused on others might be your best defense. Prayer is nice. Service is required.

[/quote]

I hope I am insignificant and it is unrelated.

I am leaving later this week to begin spiritual training and helping with the poor for 4 months outside of my current country, then start pre-seminary in August to hopefully submit a strong application for 2014.

Jesus loves you.

AMDG

Isaiah 53

I agree.

[quote="Julia_Mae, post:9, topic:318813"]
I agree.

[/quote]

:confused: Did you just pull a more theological version of Han Solo's "I Know" response?

"‘All that is in the world, the cravings of the sinful nature, and the list of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.’ - 1 John 2:16

Yup. Everything is a sin.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.