Awesome: the Vatican just sent all the bishops a copy of Theology of the Body

The Catholic Herald has an article about the upcoming apostolic exhortation Amoris Laetitia:

Pope’s exhortation will focus on ‘dialogue’, says Vatican
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/04/06/popes-exhortation-will-focus-on-dialogue-says-vatican/

At the end of the article we get this bit of news:

“[A reading guide] was sent to bishops along with summaries of the Pope’s recent Wednesday audiences on the family, and of John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, described as an ‘important source’ for Amoris Laetitia.”

Based on this, it appears that Theology of the Body is getting some of the attention it deserves. If every bishop is getting a copy, there will perhaps be a new emphasis on it, and so we’ll need to hone up our apologetics skills to defend Church teaching on human sexuality. Theology of the Body is a great resource for this. Let’s prepare, pray, and get excited!

Just to be clear, it is a summary of theology of the body and not the text of all 129 Wednesday audiences. I have not seen the reading guide (hoping my bishop forwards it to clergy and those in formation before Friday), but I would be suprised if the summary is more than a handful of pages.

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought it said they were sending a full copy. I see now I was mistaken.

Even if it’s only a summary, it could very well serve the purpose of sparking some of the bishops’ (and in turn the priests under them) interest in this wonderful teaching. If only this were the beginning of the fulfillment of George Weigel’s profecy… :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.