AWESOME website... you have to see this!

memritv.org/

Here you can actually see a bunch of clips from tv shows all across the middle east Muslim countries. This is definitely one of the most interesting sites I have come across in quite some time!

p.s. My favorite ones so far are the Jordanian soap operas with their depictions of the Jews’ reactions to Mohammed, and also the news show with the guy who pretends to be possessed by jinns.

That is an awesome website and shows once again why diplomacy is virtually futile. On the one hand the Iranian Imam condemns the killing of non combatent men women and children but then blames America and Britain for its occurance. The first of the clips is most horrifying. The speaker says that there is no such thing as a civilian and clearly points out what Bat Ye’or has been writing for decades that to Muslims either you are dar al Islam (territory of Islam) or you are dar al Harb (territory of war). I.e., either you are part of Islam or we make war upon you in order to conquor you. How does one make peace with people who hold such attitudes?

I’m aware that some American Muslims are trying desparately to do so. I’m also aware that some Muslims outside the west are trying to develop a different kind of Islam, often doing so at great risk to themselves, but seriously is it possible to have peace with people who want only to conquor or kill you?

Dan L

If you want to see Arab TV dont go to some website that may very well be biased against Arabs.

You can get a satellite with all the Arab channels from your local mediterranean (arab) grocery. I have one.

Rather irrelavent, don’t you think? Either these are examples of Arab programming or they are not. I did note that one of the commentators tried to get one of the most vehement murderous types to calm down his rhetoric. He was notably unsuccessful.

Maybe I will get a sattelite dish so I can be completely innundated with this evil day and night. The worst American TV has to offer is Jerry Springer but even he doesn’t advocate that Al Qaeda and groups like this are somehow justified.

No, the fact that several programs like this exist is enough to make me very cautious.

Dan L

KOOL website! Really totally rad!

It just goes to show you where all the Protestant “re(DE)formed” historical revisionists learned to do such a good job!

[quote=GregoryPalamas]Rather irrelavent, don’t you think? Either these are examples of Arab programming or they are not. I did note that one of the commentators tried to get one of the most vehement murderous types to calm down his rhetoric. He was notably unsuccessful.

Maybe I will get a sattelite dish so I can be completely innundated with this evil day and night. The worst American TV has to offer is Jerry Springer but even he doesn’t advocate that Al Qaeda and groups like this are somehow justified.

No, the fact that several programs like this exist is enough to make me very cautious.

Dan L
[/quote]

I haven’t seen one Arab TV program that supports Al-Qaeda. Ever.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.