Awesome!

Guys, guess what?

The BIG DAY is coming! Hint: Look at my signature! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 DAYS!!! Oh, I’M TOO EXCITED AND HAPPY! I can’t believe how awesome this feeling I have is!

Now, I can take a look back on this thread I posted at the beginning of the year and think, it was worth it!

forum.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=33907

That is wonderful! I am so excited for you!

Blessings, blessings & more blessings!
CM

And I know you are going to be the BEST!:wink: :blessyou:

[quote=Paris Blues]Guys, guess what?

6 DAYS!!! Oh, I’M TOO EXCITED AND HAPPY! I can’t believe how awesome this feeling I have is!

Now, I can take a look back on this thread I posted at the beginning of the year and think, it was worth it!

[/quote]

God’s peace to you, Paris. When is your first reconciliation? I always felt that was the “official” date of my becoming Catholic since it is the first Sacrament officially received *as a Catholic. *I was treading air for 3 months afterward . . .

[quote=mercygate]God’s peace to you, Paris. When is your first reconciliation? I always felt that was the “official” date of my becoming Catholic since it is the first Sacrament officially received *as a Catholic. *I was treading air for 3 months afterward . . .
[/quote]

Oh, it’s this Friday and I’m freaking out about it! :eek: Father will have a headache when I’m finished…

[quote=Paris Blues]Oh, it’s this Friday and I’m freaking out about it! :eek: Father will have a headache when I’m finished…
[/quote]

Calm down. Done with love, this can be the all-time very best day of your entire life. Just commit yourself to utter integrity, honesty and simplicity: no hysteria, no embroidery, no exaggerations or coy minimzations. A good confession will be simple, modest, and complete. Your priest knows you and your special needs. He will help you. Take the hard stuff with peace: that’s the stuff you need most to get rid of. Any embarrassment you may feel (and who DOESN’T?) is kind of a penance of its own and something to be received with joy.

[quote=Honoria20]And I know you are going to be the BEST!:wink: :blessyou:
[/quote]

Best what?
:confused:

[/quote]

Ah, congratulations, Paris! I can’t wait 'til Easter vigil when my wife and I are received!

And you’ll have to let us know how that first reconciliation goes!

Dan

[/quote]

I am so excited for you, Paris Blue!!!

[quote=djrakowski]Ah, congratulations, Paris! I can’t wait 'til Easter vigil when my wife and I are received!

And you’ll have to let us know how that first reconciliation goes!

Dan
[/quote]

Welcome home too!!! I’ll be praying for you guys! :slight_smile:

Ah, the Confession…I should go first to the Eucharistic Adoration and get calm there first then go over to see the priest, eh?

[quote=Paris Blues]Welcome home too!!! I’ll be praying for you guys! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote=Paris Blues]Ah, the Confession…I should go first to the Eucharistic Adoration and get calm there first then go over to see the priest, eh?
[/quote]

It can never hurt to go directly into the Real Presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament if you feel unsettled. What incredible graces are available to us in this Church!

[quote=djrakowski]Thanks!
It can never hurt to go directly into the Real Presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament if you feel unsettled. What incredible graces are available to us in this Church!
[/quote]

Yes! I went to go see our Lord in the Adoration Chapel and thought I was going to be there for only ten minutes…

well, I ended up being there for an hour!! I couldn’t leave!!!
:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Paris Blues]Welcome home too!!! I’ll be praying for you guys! :slight_smile:

Ah, the Confession…I should go first to the Eucharistic Adoration and get calm there first then go over to see the priest, eh?
[/quote]

Great idea, Paris! You could not possibly do anything better.

[quote=mercygate]Great idea, Paris! You could not possibly do anything better.
[/quote]

Yes, you’re right! Maybe I can ask our Lord to give me the courage and the most strength to do my first Confession.

I don’t know which one is worse:

confessing sins to a priest or doing a speech in front of a billion people… :o

[/quote]

I’m really happy for you. But at the same time I’m sad. I have a sense of sadness looking at the candidates and catechumens when they get dismissed at mass. I always say " I wish my wife was there." Sorry, didn’t mean to emote.

God bless and welcome home.

[quote=Paris Blues]Yes, you’re right! Maybe I can ask our Lord to give me the courage and the most strength to do my first Confession.

I don’t know which one is worse:

confessing sins to a priest or doing a speech in front of a billion people… :o
[/quote]

Don’t think of it as confessing to a priest. You are confessing to Christ while the priest (figuratively) holds your hand to help. Everyone will tell you not to worry. And they’re right. But know also that sometimes it can be VERY hard. That’s part of the drill. Face it like a man (so to speak). If you feel overwhelmed, ask Jesus to make your confession for you. He will. I promise.

[quote=mercygate]Don’t think of it as confessing to a priest. You are confessing to Christ while the priest (figuratively) holds your hand to help. Everyone will tell you not to worry. And they’re right. But know also that sometimes it can be VERY hard. That’s part of the drill. Face it like a man (so to speak). If you feel overwhelmed, ask Jesus to make your confession for you. He will. I promise.
[/quote]

True. Or, this may help too:

I can think the devil is there to listening to my confessions to Christ through the priest, therefore, me telling my sins will scare the devil! :stuck_out_tongue:

Paris,

I have enjoyed reading your posts over the past few months. Welcome Home!

Pax Tecum
-ACEGC

Ahhh - nothing beats that shiny clean just after Confession feeling! You leave there walking on air.

[/quote]

:clapping: :dancing: :bounce:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.