Awkward: This Democratic Judicial Candidate's Husband Is a White Supremacist

The husband of a Connecticut Democrat running for a probate judge seat caused a social media kerfluffle on Friday after it turned out he’s an enthusiastic backer of what looks a lot like white supremacy, much to the exasperation of his political wife, who faces the voters on Tuesday.

Robert Freeman made headlines on Friday after his blog Mindweapons of Ragnarok was exposed by One People’s Project, an organization devoted to monitoring hate groups.

thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/11/awkward-this-democratic-judicial-candidate-s-husband-is-a-white-supremecist.html

I don’t see why this should come as a surprise. The Democrat Party has traditionally been the Party of White Supremists.

To be fair we don’t know whether the husband is a democrat. Also, we don’t know if the candidate is a white supremacist either.

Well, we had a vice presidential candidate whose husband advocated their state’s secession fro the union and millions still supported her, so I can’t see why a spouse’s beliefs should carry much weight.

Awkward is an understatement.:smiley:
I try though not to judge people on what their family members are, although this maybe a little hard for some people. It will be hard to convince people that you didn’t know that your husband was a white supremacist.

All of this over a Probate judge spot. Crazy. Even if she held the same views, not sure how it would make a difference when administering estates.

Ah, yes! The tolerant left!

I don’t see why this should come as a surprise. The Democrat Party has traditionally been the Party of White Supremists.

Doesn’t the absence of liberals on this thread calling this out only reinforce that?

Is there any evidence that this guy is on the left or liberal? We know the wife is a democrat, but we know nothing of the political preferences of the husband.

If his blog is any indicator of his beliefs, he hates Republicans and Liberals and is big into not appologizing for being white. It comes off mild white supremacisty. More whiney than anything.

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.