Baby Miraculously Survives Abortion, Expected to Live 'Normal' Life

This kid wants to live! Wonder what he’ll grow up to be…

A short time after the abortion, Percival felt a fluttering in her stomach. She went to the doctor for a scan and discovered she was 19 weeks pregnant.

"I couldn’t believe it,’ Percival said. "This was the baby I thought I’d terminated. At first I was angry that this was happening to us, that the procedure had failed. I wrote to the hospital, I couldn’t believe that they had let me down like this.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363434,00.html

I wonder if the pro choice crowd and those that support them cringe when they hear stories like this.

God be thanked that this child survived! I really wish they would not publish the mother’s and father’s name in such cases. It looks like they “went public” with the story voluntarily which makes it even more ghoulish to me. What if this poor child finds this article sometime in the future? How would he feel knowing that his mother tried to kill him before he was even born? That’s got to cause some serious anguish, although it looks like the mother was trying to justify it to herself as “sparing him from suffering.”

He seems to be a real fighter. I hope he can overcome the emotional pain, as he overcame the attempted murder.

“Deciding to terminate at eight weeks was just utterly horrible but I couldn’t cope with the anguish of losing another baby.”

Like killing the kid on her own terms wouldn’t result in her ‘losing’ another baby.

That just shows that she is full of it. It’s a coput, due to laziness, selfishness, and greed.

You’re right - I hadn’t thought of that. But there might be a greater purpose in his survival - it’s good advertising to impress on people that a fetus is alive, is human and has rights - whether or not the law endows those rights.

NKY, I noticed the irony of that statement also. Unreal!!
(translates to, “I didn’t want my child to suffer so I murdered him”.)
What kind of confused minds some truly have.

Thank you Jesus that he survived…and thatk you that his mother is grateful for him now.

You know I am prochoice and no I donlt cringe at such stories… :rolleyes: I think it is great that the baby survived. Also I donlt think it is fair for people to jump on this woman so much and make her out to be this horrible person. Especially if you have never been in this womens shoes where it seems most of her children would be doomed to be born with severe even deadly kidney problems. At least that is likely how she felt. And I doubt the decision to abort was easy…but losing a 8 week old embyro is a lot different then watching your born child suffer and struggle for life only to die 20 minutes later. Or to have a child with severe health problems that could possibly severely shorten his life span as well. Likely this woman and her husband thought the situation was hopeless and that yet another child of theirs would be doomed. From what it sounds like though now she is very happy the baby survived, the way I see it God came through for her and she finally has a “healthy” baby. Hopefully if she gets pregnant again this incident will teach her and her husband to not assume the worst will happen and to have some faith… :slight_smile:

Murder is murder, despite how pure one’s intentions were.

It depends on how the parents handle the attempted abortion. If they view it as a mistake then they can tell their son how wrong they were and how thankful that they are that he lived. If they take the view though that their actions were justified then I would imagine that their son would feel deeply hurt.

I’m sure they don’t. One of the presidential candidates blocked, in his state legislature, a bill that would have required doctors to apply lifesaving measures to children born alive after abortions. There is no reason to believe he has changed his mind. His party supports partial birth abortion, which is killing a child that could have lived.

It is like so many people are mesmerized with the youth, looks and charisma of a candidate that they don’t even hear what is being said. It is like singing along to a catchy tune to the lyrics that are so naughty. Then there are candidates who will say anything to get votes. They will even change their position on the issue and say they are pro-life when they have given every indication that their views have not changed.

There was a pied piper fairy tale that may seem to apply.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.