Babysitting

I wonder if you would mind answering a question for me? My wife and I are Catholics and from time to time baby sit for our Jehova Witness grandchildren who are home schooled. Their parents send their school work with them for us to help with. This includes things they memorize for their religious studies along with english, math, etc. Is there a problem for us to help with their studying the religious aspects: such as flash cards with sayings from the bible? Thanks so much.

I'm a little bit confused. When my daughter was nine years old, her school project partner was a Jehovah's Witness. Her parents wouldn't allow her to work on the project in our house (I assumed, at the time, due to our religious differences), but graciously hosted my daughter for the work at their house.

So, I'm surprised that they let you babysit, let alone assist in homeschooling.

[quote="gclark2110, post:1, topic:230988"]
I wonder if you would mind answering a question for me? My wife and I are Catholics and from time to time baby sit for our Jehova Witness grandchildren who are home schooled. Their parents send their school work with them for us to help with. This includes things they memorize for their religious studies along with english, math, etc. Is there a problem for us to help with their studying the religious aspects: such as flash cards with sayings from the bible? Thanks so much.

[/quote]

there is nothing wrong with you helping them to study religious sayings from the bible.Are these sayings correct?If they arent true biblically point them out.If they have to learn false biblical sayings to get a good grade just ignore those sayings and go on to the next one.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.