Bad choices vs attacks from devil

How can we distinguish between bad choices and attacks from the devil?

A. In Our own actions/lives?
B. In our family & friends actions/lives?

Sometimes people say when things are going bad it’s because God is trying to lead you somewhere else … So how do we identify if it’s God, bad choices, or the devil?

I could be wrong. I feel you cant.

It is not so essential to think much as to love much.
–St Teresa of Jesus, OCD

I don’t know how one can distinguish the source. The devil and evil spirits can influence us at times, yet various sins can rise up from our own selves.

"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man.” - Mark 7:21-23

Well, are you trying to follow God with all you’ve got? Going to mass, communion, etc? If you stick close to God hopefully you will make less bad choices and less chance for the devil to have a foothold. But if you stray from God it is more “fair game” for the devil and he can reak havok on your “city without walls!”

But remember, even when we make bad decicions, and the devil intends bad,

“everything turns out for the good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose”

I did some stupid things in my life, esp when I was strayed from the Lord, but HE in his infinate wisdom (which is above time) knew what I would do, and worked everything out for GOOD because I love Him and He loves me, get it?! :wink: God bless!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.