Bad Message?

I was thinking: God made there be pain for the woman when giving birth and He did this as a punishment. But isn’t this a bit peculiar seeing that God wants us to be fruitful and to have children? Isn’t this the same as a father telling his children to do something and then making there be physical pain involved if they do it?

Hope somebody can help me out here!!

God Bless,
ClemtheCatholic

Well, you could always say that God didn't actually curse them so much as tell them what was just going to logically follow from their actions.

[quote="ClemtheCatholic, post:1, topic:311333"]
I was thinking: God made there be pain for the woman when giving birth and He did this as a punishment. But isn't this a bit peculiar seeing that God wants us to be fruitful and to have children? Isn't this the same as a father telling his children to do something and then making there be physical pain involved if they do it?

Hope somebody can help me out here!!

God Bless,
ClemtheCatholic

[/quote]

Heck, no. Pain is part of the life experience in the flesh, a result of the "fall", the failure of Humanity. I can tell you from firsthand experience (natural childbirth, induced, a truck hitting you every five minutes for hours) that the pain of childbirth is not "punishment", you are bringing a precious gift from God into the world while far too many murder them. And it's nothing even comparable to the horrific pain, physical, emotional, psychological, of our Lord on that day He undertook to deliver us by His crucifixion. No woman would deny the fantastic gift of holding her newborn because of a few hours of pain, no matter how bad it may appear to others. Good thing men don't give birth LOL.
:eek:

[quote="ellzeena, post:3, topic:311333"]
Heck, no. Pain is part of the life experience in the flesh, a result of the "fall", the failure of Humanity. I can tell you from firsthand experience (natural childbirth, induced, a truck hitting you every five minutes for hours) that the pain of childbirth is not "punishment", you are bringing a precious gift from God into the world while far too many murder them. And it's nothing even comparable to the horrific pain, physical, emotional, psychological, of our Lord on that day He undertook to deliver us by His crucifixion. No woman would deny the fantastic gift of holding her newborn because of a few hours of pain, no matter how bad it may appear to others. Good thing men don't give birth LOL.
:eek:

[/quote]

This is very helpful! Thank you!! :) :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.