Balance between Love of God and others?

"And you shall love the Lord your God from your whole heart, and from your whole soul, and from your whole mind, and from your whole strength. This is the first commandment. But the second is similar to it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:30, 31 CPDV)

How do I Love God? How do I Love others? Is there a balance between Love of God and others, do you love others through Love of God, or is there some other thing i'm not thinking of?

You love God by loving others. Make sure you occasionally check your intention...maybe offer a short prayer before doing some act of love for others. Lord, I love you greatly, but I can't see you right now so I am offering this quiet act of charity to you...for love of you, for reparation for my sins, for reparations of all abortion doctors,as an act of hope, thanksgiving, whatever.

How do I Love God? <–You do this

by doing this–> love your neighbor as yourself.

Cool, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.