Ban On Transgender Troops To Be Lifted July 1

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/06/24/ban-transgender-troops-lifted-july-1/86347902/

**WASHINGTON — The Pentagon plans to announce the repeal of its ban on transgender service members July 1, a controversial decision that would end nearly a year of internal wrangling among the services on how to allow those troops to serve openly, according to Defense officials.

Top personnel officials plan to meet as early as Monday to finalize details of the plan, and Deputy Defense Secretary Bob Work could sign off on it by Wednesday, according to a Defense official familiar with the timetable but who spoke on condition of anonymity because officials were not authorized to speak publicly about it. Final approval would come from Defense Secretary Ash Carter, and the announcement will be on the eve of the Fourth of July weekend.

The plan would direct each branch of the armed services over a one-year period to implement new policies affecting recruiting, housing and uniforms for transgender troops, one official said.**

This article continues at the link.

It’s a great day when a couple thousand insane people can upend hundreds of years of tradition to no conceivable benefit. We’re frivolous people in dangerous times. That never works out well.

Leftist political theater.

I wonder what Gunnery Sergeant Hartman would have to say?:hmmm:

This could work out if you think about it.

This could satisfy those who think women belong in the front lines of combat and also satisfy those that think transgendered people belong in the armed forces. So augment the front lines with men who identify as women and you satisfy both camps at once.

For the traditionalists, well technically nothing really changes. Technically the front lines are still all men no matter if some of them identify as women.

FYI, I am being partly sarcastic.

Actually, I don’t have any idea how it will work out; it’s just very, very difficult for me to picture.:shrug:

Its always prudence in judgement in such situations. I have gone from outright thinking your nuts to thinking that perhaps now is the time to test this out. I mean war is war, and since 911 we lost what 6000 men and women :signofcross:?

I just don’t know for example how to qualify the meaning of this “working” under such conditions, or say one where 250 americans are dying a week. I get the impression today that people don’t see this as realistic and they have much valid reasoning as to why something will never happen too.

But I do know if your going to have issues now for sure they’ll be worse later IF this ramps up to a plausible magnitude.

The truth is we don’t want any uncalled for deaths regardless who you are? So what do you think?

In all honesty, and with the greatest respect, I have no idea what point you’re trying to make here and what it has to do with changes to policy regarding transgenders being allowed to serve in the military.

Believe it or not, the Navy (military) is looking for a reservist officer to head up its new LGBTQ uniform initiative. He or she will be in charge of LGBTQ uniform design, implementation, and regulation. I was about to fall off my chair when I first saw the job placement/advertisement.

I think they should be allowed in, and should any issues arise now is the time to evaluate them imho. Course others may feel otherwise or not and for many good reasons as I have heard and admit. I just see no reason as to why not give people we understand in terms of equal rights the right to involve themselves.

And there goes Washington turning our military into a social experiment yet again. The rest of the world is laughing at us.

How could ‘issues’ NOT arise?? As a veteran [Vietnam era, quite a while ago…], I know how such things would affect morale…there was a career enlisted man stationed with us who was a homosexual…if that had ever been proven, he would have been discharged on the spot…it was disgusting watching him try to ‘pick up’ young enlisted men, but nothing could be proven…long story short, he retired, moved to California, and moved in with another man.

Now, under President Obama, a Commander-in-Chief, but not a veteran, homosexuals serve openly…I can only guess how this affects morale…[Don’t drop your soap in the shower…]

And if that’s not bad enough, now they’re going to put a ‘man in a woman’s body’ in a shower room with a bunch of young, single, horny GI’s, and expect nothing to happen…

Evaluate those issues…

Why would a uniform re-design be necessary? Could you post a link so we can read more about this story?

How could ‘issues’ NOT arise??

Thats my point imho its inevitable and from your own testimony. I think we have to prove as Carter stated unfortunately detrimental effect will indeed happen. I’m just saying the equal rights aspect we need to forego and prove these points.

What I saw was a job advertisement for U.S. military personnel. It was sent to my email. My guess is that the Navy is looking to assess all possible areas of having the LGBTQ community in uniform. The Navy is possibly looking to update its uniform regulations and policies. That’s all.

Serving in the military is not a right. People are excluded for all sorts of reasons, including mental instability, such as gender dysphoria. What is the improvement in military effectiveness that could come from upending several hundred years of experience and tradition to accommodate a couple thousand, at most, gender confused individuals?

My Grandpa (God rest his soul) was a three war vet. I am just trying to imagine what liberating POW camps in Korea would have been like if this were going on back then. “Transgenderism” seems to me, at least, to be pretty unpopular. So why is it being pushed on us? This is tyranny, this is fascism.

More and more social experiments. Hope this one fails…

if transgendered people want to fight and possibly die for thier industrial military complex err… country, i say let them.

:slight_smile: Sarcasm?

Serving in the military is not a right.

I think thats a point Carter and this administration are not even on. No rational thinking with the theory of choosing the best, I mean you want to have the best involved in this equal rights process?

What is the improvement in military effectiveness that could come

The idea of equal rights really is a secondary factor as you are looking for the most qualified and proving detrimental effect. I;m not sure they are mutually exclusive. Its in my mind like saying lets add more weakest links of which the strong are only as strong as that link. The whole concept would have a detrimental effect, how could it not?

So think about that, and in the meantime I would do just as above and document real cases of detrimental effect because that appears to be legally where this is at.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.