Banned from Chatroom

I was banned from a Oneness chatroom today. I can only imagin that it was because I was posting a defense of the Trinity. Here is what the ban message said:

Closing Link:
JP_Magnus[0-1pool227-115.nas34.stockton1.ca.u +
s.da.qwest.net] [away] ([irc.ApostolicChat.com] Local kill by [away]
(get out of my chatroom loser))

If you’ve not visited “Christian” chat rooms, you might be surprised by that lack of charity, but unfortunately it is all too common.

I suppose that perhaps people show less charity because of the annonymous nature of a chat room. However, once a Sedevacante Catholic threatened that if he ever met me on the street he would smash in my teeth.

I run in to a lot of anger against Catholics in chat rooms. I wonder if it is the spirit or something else.

This is typical of what I have read about “Christian” chatrooms and bbs. They are some of the most intolerant forums out there. I do not even look at them since all the spew is hate.

PF

its No Different Then These Forums—they Ban You If You Bring Up Anything Controversial–you Cant Even Mention Bob Sungenis’ Name–and People On These Forums Know It, But They Dare Not Say Anything Cause You Even Get Banned For Expressing Your Opinion About The Moderators----bob Sungenis Is Like Saying The F Word On These Forumsi Wish Themoderators Would Not Remove Or Ban Any Posts Unless There Is Profanty Or Threats-----let Us Speak Stop Being Such Wimps

Okay, once and for all, what in the world is a Sedevacante Catholic? I swear I’ve seen thread closed down on the very mention of them.

[quote=Jabronie]Okay, once and for all, what in the world is a Sedevacante Catholic? I swear I’ve seen thread closed down on the very mention of them.
[/quote]

I used the term the fellow I chatted with used. He does not believe that there is a pope sitting on the chair of Peter. He believes the Catholic Church is currently without a Pope. With or without a Pope, he was a nasty fellow.

[quote=WanderAimlessly]This is typical of what I have read about “Christian” chatrooms and bbs. They are some of the most intolerant forums out there. I do not even look at them since all the spew is hate.

PF
[/quote]

Have you ever read some of the hate against Christians on this and other fourms. It’s so bad I’m sometimes ashamed of being a Catholic. Dan

[quote=dancus]Have you ever read some of the hate against Christians on this and other fourms. It’s so bad I’m sometimes ashamed of being a Catholic. Dan
[/quote]

On CA? When? Where? DId you report it to the mods? If not, you should have!

If you want to see bile, google for “former Catholics for Christ”, and go to their post site. If anyone remembers Tan2Day, he has found a new home.

As I said, if you see any of that filth, report it. It has no place on a site for those who name the name of Christ as Savior.

God Bless,
RyanL

[quote=RyanL]If you want to see bile, google for “former Catholics for Christ”, and go to their post site. If anyone remembers Tan2Day, he has found a new home.

As I said, if you see any of that filth, report it. It has no place on a site for those who name the name of Christ as Savior.
[/quote]

I was intrigued by your comments and decided to follow your instruction to Google search “Former Catholics for Christ.” I guess my only question would be… what did you mean by “filth”? Put another way, have you found their website to be spreading lies?

I feel that it’s a terrible thing to see Catholics, Protestants or any other group spreading hate to others, yet it still goes on. The truly remarkable thing is that Catholics and Protestants alike profess to believe in the same God! You’d think that they’d get along better, wouldn’t you?

I don’t know who Tan2Day was, but I’d be interested to hear what he said that made him memorable enough to be spoken of in the tone of disdain which you displayed here. I can’t imagine you meant to use the word “bile” in a positive way, so it would seem that you are angry by this “Former Catholics for Christ” website. If they really ARE wrong… wouldn’t it be better to pray for them? Just my opinion of course. :slight_smile:

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.