banned in C.A.R.M. (again)

The OP is that there is no New Testament Priesthood. My response to this quote is below.

Originally Posted by Conqueror

Where is Peter, Paul, any apostle, or any minister called a priest?
Who of them has referred to himself as a priest?

“And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets;
and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry,
for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Eph. 4:11–12).
Would the Scriptures not have mentioned the Catholic priesthood
as being the most significant ministry, if it indeed existed?

If these agents of EVIL were to be priests,
then they should be Jewish and belong the order of Aaron.
Only Christ is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek.
“Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek” (Psa. 110:4).

None other than Christ can sacrifice Himself,
but these charlatans claim to be able to sacrifice Christ on a daily basis.
The mass cannot possibly compensate for sin,
because Jesus in his role as High Priest
offered Himself by one sacrifice (Heb 10:14),
and thus has set believers free and saved them.

My response:

For the laying on of hands, by which the ministers of the Church are initiated into their office, though I have no objection to its being called a sacrament, I do not number among ordinary sacraments.
John Calvin, Institutes Book IV, Chapter 14, paragraph 20.

I thought bashing Calvinism was against the rules.

My point is that if scriptures can prove there are no New Testament priests, then the same scriptures can be used to prove Calvinists have no right to ordain ministers. For this post I am banned for 7 days.

[quote="kepha1, post:1, topic:281867"]
The OP is that there is no New Testament Priesthood. My response to this quote is below.

My response:

My point is that if scriptures can prove there are no New Testament priests, then the same scriptures can be used to prove Calvinists have no right to ordain ministers. For this post I am banned for 7 days.

[/quote]

Next time...also post the Numbers 16...the rebellion of Korah.

16 Moses said to Korah, “You and all your followers are to appear before the LORD tomorrow—you and they and Aaron. 17 Each man is to take his censer and put incense in it—250 censers in all—and present it before the LORD. You and Aaron are to present your censers also.” 18 So each of them took his censer, put burning coals and incense in it, and stood with Moses and Aaron at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 19 When Korah had gathered all his followers in opposition to them at the entrance to the tent of meeting, the glory of the LORD appeared to the entire assembly. 20 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, 21 “Separate yourselves from this assembly so I can put an end to them at once.”

31 As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, and all those associated with Korah, together with their possessions. 33 They went down alive into the realm of the dead, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community. 34 At their cries, all the Israelites around them fled, shouting, “The earth is going to swallow us too!”

35 And fire came out from the LORD and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense.

My response:

[/quote]

Yes and I was quietly taken off CARM. I really liked debating on that website because there are so many anti-catholics. They finally let me back on but I didn't stay on when they changed the rules and said that you can't paste a bible verse. I'm just not going to type them out. I don't know if that is still the rule because that was a long time ago. I was on that website way back from 1999-2003. I miss the debates but I won't type a bible verse.

Why do you torture yourself?

[quote="James224, post:3, topic:281867"]
Yes and I was quietly taken off CARM. I really liked debating on that website because there are so many anti-catholics. They finally let me back on but I didn't stay on when they changed the rules and said that you can't paste a bible verse. I'm just not going to type them out. I don't know if that is still the rule because that was a long time ago. I was on that website way back from 1999-2003. I miss the debates but I won't type a bible verse.

[/quote]

Why on earth do they care if you paste it or type it out? Seems pasting would cut down on typos which could lead to problems, ya know?

Haven't visited CARM in years. I remember why now....:hypno:

The rules say they can delete and/or ban anyone for any reason. The double standard they have against Catholics is appalling.

[quote="kepha1, post:6, topic:281867"]
The rules say they can delete and/or ban anyone for any reason. The double standard they have against Catholics is appalling.

[/quote]

It's not really a double standard as much as it is absolute disdain. Many of the attacks seen on Catholic doctrine and dogma can also be leveled at our Orthodox brothers and sisters, yet the discourse in that (any many other sub-forums) seems downright friendly as compared to that seen in the Roman Catholic sub-forum.

Best just to stay away. It still amazes me how those who claim to be saved, true believers can spew such venom. We pray for them!

The founder (matt slick?) thinks of the forums as a training ground, where evangelicals can go and learn how to debate or evangelize.

From their tactics, they must have zero recruits from their efforts.

[quote="tarboy, post:8, topic:281867"]
The founder (matt slick?) thinks of the forums as a training ground, where evangelicals can go and learn how to debate or evangelize.

From their tactics, they must have zero recruits from their efforts.

[/quote]

Can't really train people in debate if the moderators ban anyone who makes an even remotely challenging argument. No wonder so many of them go out into other forums thinking they're prepared for whatever we can throw at them, only to fall apart instantly.

[quote="Farsight001, post:9, topic:281867"]
Can't really train people in debate if the moderators ban anyone who makes an even remotely challenging argument. No wonder so many of them go out into other forums thinking they're prepared for whatever we can throw at them, only to fall apart instantly.

[/quote]

They don't really "fall apart", so much as, when presented with something they can not handle they simply reject the reality of what has been offered and repeat themselves. Anything they truly can not resolve they simply refuse to accept as fact.

Most of them fall into "doctrinal lawyering". When history is against them they argue Scripture. When Scripture is against them they argue history. When history and Scripture are against them they argue emotion (usually under the banner of "inspiration (or filled with) the Spirit"). Debating the regular members of CARM is alot like I imagine Annie Sullivan trying to communicate with Helen Keller.

And, as one other poster pointed out, they state very explicitly that Catholics are not welcome. Our presence is tolerated to suit their plainly stated objective of "training" the evangelicals in apologetics. If you say anything that makes them too uncomfortable, they rid themselves of you.

Like others, I haven't been there in years either. It was a "kick" I was on for a while, and it was marginally entertaining for its novelty, but it got to be a lot like the movie Groundhog Day. I don't think I saw an original post or thread on there after about 6 weeks.

Got divorced, remarried out of Catholic church. Divorced wife died.http://www.dingsme.info/avatar4.jpg

For this post I am banned for 7 days.

[/quote]

Sorry it was only seven days. Better luck next time! :D

Banned from CARM? That's a badge of honor. I left a couple of years back because it was like returning every day to look at a horribly infected wound.

They don’t like this :wink:cranky old Methodist lady much either…:shrug:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:flowers::aok:

Very very cool, and thanks for the lesson! I love your unique ink!
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/11.gif
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/3.gif

[quote="Zooey, post:14, topic:281867"]
They don't like this :wink:cranky old Methodist lady much either.......:shrug:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

[/quote]

Do Methodists believe in sacramentalism? What's your view on sola fide? And isn't it true that you personally believe that St. Mary was taken up body and soul into heaven?

(The aim here is not to launch an inquisition by any means, but to sort out why the CARManiacs would not give you a warm welcome as a fellow Protestant.)

[quote="Trebor135, post:16, topic:281867"]
Do Methodists believe in sacramentalism?

[/quote]

Methodists have varying views in this regard.

What's your view on sola fide?

I don't believe in it. The standard Methodist teaching is the Wesley quadrilateral, which calls upon (1) Scripture, (2)Tradition, (3) Experience, and (4) Logic/Reason as all being the basis of Christian belief & practice.

And isn't it true that you personally believe that St. Mary was taken up body and soul into heaven?

Yes, I do.

(The aim here is not to launch an inquisition by any means, but to sort out why the CARManiacs would not give you a warm welcome as a fellow Protestant.)

Its :)OK. All of the above points are held against me over there. My personal feeling is that CARM is addicted to eisegesis; they have made up their minds what they believe & then they interpret the Bible by proof-texting whatever sounds like it might support them.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/corona_stellarum/Smilies/closed-1.gif

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.