Banning Huawei from UK's 5G network is 'disappointing and wrong', says China

Banning Huawei from UK’s 5G network is ‘disappointing and wrong’, says China

14 July 2020, 12:45 | Updated: 14 July 2020

The government has blocked Chinese tech giant Huawei from having access to the UK’s 5G network, the culture secretary announced today.

Oliver Dowden said “the government needs to look to the future” in a statement to the House of Commons, saying Huawei was a “high risk” vendor of 5G tech.

He confirmed that all Huawei technology is to be removed from the UK’s 5G network by 2027, and said that it will be made illegal for tech firms to buy any 5G equipment from Huawei.

It will take years but a step in the right direction.

By which time no doubt the climate politically will have changed again they may be welcome.

Didn’t Cameron make the original deal?

Posh boy is long gone from the limelight and escaped unscathed for the most part.

1 Like

2025 was the estimated readiness of 5G in the EU and US. AT&T might have blown that though using $85 billion to buy Time Warner.

I don’t understand why any government would want the Chinese building data infrastructure. They’re absolutely going to use it to steal information carrier over the network.

5 Likes

Makes no sense. It’s like Snow White accepting an offer of a meal from the Queen/Stepmother who previously gave her the poisoned apple. And paying handsomely for it.

4 Likes

What’s sad is sterilizing citizens, China.

3 Likes

“Yeah, it makes it so much harder for us to spy on you, as we’ve been caught doing over and over and over.”

“And over and over and over.”

5 Likes

I’m probably going to try and get my kids into mandarin classes. Speaking the language of our future rulers might get them a cushy job.

3 Likes

Honestly, man, the first guy in my little cadre in college to hit six figures income spoke mandarin and was willing to frequently travel to China.

He was, like 27 and had a Mercedes. One of the expensive ones where they fit the seat to you.

Gibby, if you’re reading this, hope you’re still killin’ it in TsingTao

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.