Baptism and Re-Baptism

Is there a refutation to this prophet who is preaching against the teaching of the Catholic Church and kick-starting his followers to perform miracles of healing on the streets and in hospitals using the power of the Holy Spirit? I admire the motives but I don’t agree that the Holy Spirit is pulling away people from the Church. here is the book I came across and it is part of the movement called “The Last Reformation” which anyone can check by just googling it.

torbensondergaard.com/ebooks/RebaptismanddeliveranceTorbenSondergaard.pdf

He sounds like a fundamentalist. Personally I wouldn’t waste my time, unless you are dealing with a family member or close friend.

He keeps admitting there is only one Baptism. But I think what he is saying is it is his definition that is the only “real” Baptism.

First it is plain to see he is against infant Baptism. There are many articles on this site referring to infant Baptism. I find not only the article helpful but read the comments as well, there is a lot of scriptural knowledge on this web site and quite often the comments make the article speak even louder.

catholic.com/blog/karl-keating/should-or-can-babies-be-baptized

catholic.com/tracts/infant-baptism

catholic.com/blog/tim-staples/infant-baptism

catholic.com/blog/tim-staples/born-again-the-bible-way

Second, I like how he says “GOD” did not recognize the persons first Baptism. WOW talk about a big head. Seems to me he is the only one not recognizing the Baptism.

Next, This quote makes me wonder:

What we see today is that many people are baptized because they believe in God and want to become members of a church.
Yes, they think it’s an act in the name of Jesus but they don’t have the heart of repentance. They don’t really put their faith in it,

Since the Bible tells us that we can not even judge ourselves, it is the Lord who is the judge:

1 Corinthians 4:3-4
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. I do not even judge myself. 4 I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.

My question would be how do we then know we have a heart of repentance and not just think we have a heart of repentance? Since this is his main sticking point for the Baptism to “Take” or “Stick” or “Work”.:confused:

Third, he says here:

Who is going to be baptized again or not depends on if you repented beforehand and understood what sin is

I personally don’t think anyone can really “understand” what sin truly is, because we don’t have the opportunity in this lifetime to feel what sin does to Christ. We don’t have the opportunity to experience all of the consequences of our sins in this lifetime. I think if we truly, truly understood SIN, we would never sin again. So by his own definition of understanding sin first, I would argue that no one is deserving of Baptism.

Finally, he is once again using his own interpretation here:

And baptism is immersion in water as we read in the Bible.

Really? I must have missed reading the explicit instructions of immersion in the new testament.

Also, He must have skipped this old testament verse:

Ezekiel 36:25
25 I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you.

Here is more info on immersion:

catholic.com/tracts/baptism-immersion-only

God Bless

Hi!
…I’m not into reading… but here’s what I can tell you… from the title itself the refutations is built-in–unless the prophet knows more than God, how can he know that it is the “last” or that it is a “reformation.” Luther claimed (or the original protestation) that it was “reformation;” the problem with such claim is that reformation means to make changes for improvement of an institution… any reasonable person could not conclude that it is a reformation when Luther’s revolt simply fed his ego and splintered the Mystical Body of Christ (the Church).

…considering this previous “reformation,” do you truly believe that the Holy Spirit would assist yet another “Luther” in creating new splintering of Christ’s Body?

St. Paul assured us that there’s only One Baptism, One Faith, One Holy Spirit, One God, One Lord–the Father cannot act against the Son, Who cannot act against the Holy Spirit, Who cannot act against the Father… there is but One Body.

Maran atha!

Angel

Thank you MT1926.
I am happy to read the links you provided. They are very helpful. Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

Here is a movie he produced on his movement to re evangelize the world. He might be what some often refer to as the “Anti-Christ”.

The Last Reformation:
youtube.com/watch?v=zka4DUYeJ5g

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.