Baptism in Jesus Name & Catholic Church is Only True Church

I do not believe the Catholic Church knows it all! What an offensive statement! I believe Peter was given the keys to the kingdom. The revelation that Peter received that “JESUS WAS THE CHRIST…THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD” was the first revelation. THE SECOND REVELATION recorded that Peter received was the "This Jesus that you crucified has become LORD!!!. Since there is only One Lord, One Faith and One baptism…it is plain that the Holy Spirit revealed to Peter…THE NAME OF THE LORD (JESUS CHRIST) was the NAME referred to in MATT. 28:19 TRUTH COMES BY REVELATION. "THERE IS ONE NAME GIVEN AMONG MEN WHEREBY WE "MUST " BE SAVED! JESUS IS THE NAME GIVEN. THERE ARE MYSTERIES…but there is also revelation.
The Catholic church does not have the same revelation PETER, THE APOSTLE, HAD REGARDING “BAPTISM IN JESUS NAME, THE NAME OF THE LORD”

I didn’t understand one word of that post.

Scott

[quote=Baptised in Jes]I do not believe the Catholic Church knows it all! What an offensive statement! I believe Peter was given the keys to the kingdom. The revelation that Peter received that “JESUS WAS THE CHRIST…THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD” was the first revelation. THE SECOND REVELATION recorded that Peter received was the "This Jesus that you crucified has become LORD!!!. Since there is only One Lord, One Faith and One baptism…it is plain that the Holy Spirit revealed to Peter…THE NAME OF THE LORD (JESUS CHRIST) was the NAME referred to in MATT. 28:19 TRUTH COMES BY REVELATION. "THERE IS ONE NAME GIVEN AMONG MEN WHEREBY WE "MUST " BE SAVED! JESUS IS THE NAME GIVEN. THERE ARE MYSTERIES…but there is also revelation.
The Catholic church does not have the same revelation PETER, THE APOSTLE, HAD REGARDING “BAPTISM IN JESUS NAME, THE NAME OF THE LORD”
[/quote]

Just another Pentecostal Holiness (Protestant) who believes his “oneness” doctrine. A rude anti-Catholic poster to boot. :rolleyes:

[quote=Church Militant] Just another Pentecostal Holiness (Protestant) who believes his “oneness” doctrine. A rude anti-Catholic poster to boot. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Are you sure? He said, “I do not believe the Catholic Church knows it all! What an offensive statement!” Does this means he thinks the first sentence is offensive and that he does believe the Church knows it all? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Scott

[quote=Scott Waddell]Are you sure? He said, “I do not believe the Catholic Church knows it all! What an offensive statement!” Does this means he thinks the first sentence is offensive and that he does believe the Church knows it all? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Scott
[/quote]

Naw… He hates the church and thinks that we are offensive. You watch. They baptize in Jesus name only and reject the trinity. Pray in tongues…etc.

[quote=Church Militant]Naw… He hates the church and thinks that we are offensive. You watch. They baptize in Jesus name only and reject the trinity. Pray in tongues…etc.
[/quote]

Apparently they post in tongues as well. :confused:

Scott

:rolleyes: :rotfl: :banghead: he’s not gonna like us very much… :crying: :crying:

[quote=Baptised in Jes]I do not believe the Catholic Church knows it all!

What an offensive statement!

[quote]

[/quote]

The first statement? He must agree with the CC if he feels that the first statement is offensive?:whacky:
[/quote]

I doubt we are gonna get that lucky…LOL He’s supposedly responding as we speak.

Went offline…a one hit wonder maybe? Oh well…
[/quote]

I don’t think I can trust anyone that can’t even spell “baptized” …or “Jesus” for that matter…in his screen name. Yikes.

As for the post, I have NO idea what he is talking about either.

His profile says, “Pentecostal-not protestant”.

Isn’t that kinda like saying Leninist-not Stalinist?

Scptt

[quote=Scott Waddell]His profile says, “Pentecostal-not protestant”.

Isn’t that kinda like saying Leninist-not Stalinist?

Scptt
[/quote]

Goodness…I didn’t mean to start a war and name calling. I only expressed a truth/. I am offended by anyone or any church who says they know all truth. Jesus said He was the Truth. Jesus said nothing about many of the rituals of the Catholic Church.

I happen to believe that Peter told believers on “The Day of Pentecost” they should be baptized “IN THE NAME OF JESUS” for the remission of sins.

Peter, I believe, was given a revelation that “JESUS WAS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD”! I believe that "UPON THAT REVELATION THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST " was built!

I also believe that Peter had the revelation that the Name of the LORD is Jesus. Thus, he interrupted Matt. 28:19 to mean one should be baptized in the Name of The Lord…which is Jesus Christ. The scripture states that there is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, AND ONE BAPTISM.

The scripture also states: “There is one Name given among men, whereby we MUST BE SAVED”! THAT NAME IS JESUS! (I believe). I believe in the Father in creation, The Son in redemption, The Holy Spirit in regeneration. I do not deny The Father, nor do I deny The Holy Spirit. I am not JESUS ONLY!
Jesus himself stated…“When you see me you see The Father”

I just do not believe the Catholic Church is totally right about everything revealed. We are to study the Word, and not to be tossed about by every “wind of doctrine”.

Why some on this forum would call me names and say demeaning things about me is beyond my understanding. Just more reasons to “question Catholics”. The Bible says: “You shall know people by their fruit”. One of the fruit of the Spirit is Love.

Baptised in Jes,

No one has called you anything yet…though your post is a blatant anti-Catholic attack. I’m sure you would react too if I came onto a “oneness” forum and made similar statements about your church and beliefs. If that’s the way you feel is the right way to share your witness with us then you’re gonna have a real hard time getting any of us to hear you out, and you shouldn’t be surprised at that.

I happen to know that your denomination rejects the Biblical teaching of the Holy Trinity. I can’t understand that. Can you explain to me why? Needless to say I feel that that is a false teaching, but I’m willing to hear you out if you can explain it without making rude remarks about the Catholic Church.
Can you?
Pax tecum,

No different from the rants I’ve encountered here: forums.abs-cbn.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=58&MessageID=98007&TopicPage=10 See the posts of marjun iglesias (it would help to backread a bit). I’ve refused to further discuss with him as it became clear he’s out to simply argue and not discuss in a civil manner.

BiJ just wouldn’t listen and having posted that initial post must’ve bit him in his backside.

On a doctrinal note:
The “Oneness” Pentecostals do not believe in the Holy Trinity and baptize and pray in the name of Jesus only.

One of their favorite things is to do like the JWs and quote Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord. (Underlining mine for emphasis). They will then proceed to tell you that this proves that there is no Trinity, when in fact with a little Hebrew word study one will find that it does nothing of the sort.

The Hebrew word for “one” used in this verse is the word “echad” and it is the same word used in Genesis 2:24

Wherefore a man shall leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they shall be two in one flesh. 26 And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth. (my emphasis again)

Echad means “one unity” as is pretty obvious from the Genesis passage and quite frankly it is impossible to have a unity without a plurality.

They also have no answer for why Genesis 1:26 says And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth. (my emphasis again)

The JWs will say that that is God the father talking to the angels…but that makes no contextual sense as well as being wrong in that the angels are not God and therfore cannot create.

I hope that this at least offers some help when one encounters such people. (and they wanna tell US we’re messed up… :rolleyes: )
Pax vobiscum,

hey there, baptised in jes. i hope you stick around, even though you got yourself suspended, and read some of the posts here. you may learn that we’re not as wack as you might think. :wink:

I must say I’m utterly confused by this thread. Is he saying that we should only baptize in the name of Jesus, rather than in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

What does he make of Matt. 28:19?

There must be something I’m not grasping here.

[quote=Baptised in Jes]The Bible says: “You shall know people by their fruit”. One of the fruit of the Spirit is Love.
[/quote]

Case closed. Yours is, I venture to say, one of the most rude and unloving posts I have read in my history as a forum member. If you think you have a prayer of a chance convincing anyone here to switch over to your personal doctrine, you are ever so sorely mistaken.

[quote=RocketScientist]I must say I’m utterly confused by this thread. Is he saying that we should only baptize in the name of Jesus, rather than in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

What does he make of Matt. 28:19?

There must be something I’m not grasping here.
[/quote]

You got it right RS. And no their baptism would not be valid in the eyes of the Catholic Church.

As to Matthew 28:19 Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

They will say that Jesus is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. They totally reject the Holy Trinity… Just as the JWs do. What can I say?
Pax tecum,

and not to be tossed about by every “wind of doctrine”.

It’s nice when non-catholics quote our Pope :smiley: I hope we can explain to you what we believe, Baptised, you are welcome to ask.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.