I’m curious what you all would say to the following:
(1) Someone who is unbaptized is being baptized in the Catholic Church this upcoming Easter;
(2) They have, for some years, been using a full name which they were not given at birth;
(3) They are currently in the process of changing their name to this other name legally;
(4) They would like to use this new and as yet non-legal name for their baptismal record documents;
(5) They have not confided in their priest that their alias is not their real name.
Do the above points sound problematic insofar as receiving baptism is concerned? I’m not quite sure how to go about this situation with a friend of mine, but it seems they’re doing something wrong. I’m especially not sure what would happen if, by Easter, their name-change was not complete. What would happen sacramentally and canonically if they got baptized under an alias but not under their legal name? I’d love some help on this!