BAPTISM; .....What is it worth to you?

With the large numbers of Catholics who have left the Church
and those who are now thinking of leaving the Church…

This Bud’s for you.

Consider Esau, …Rebekah became pregnant with Esau and Jacob.

**Once when Jacob was cooking stew, Esau came in from the open, famished. He said to Jacob,
“Let me gulp down some of that red stuff; I’m starving” (that is why he was called Edom)
But Jacob replied, “First give me your birthright in exchange for it.”
“Look” , Said Esau, "I’m on the point of dying. What good will my birthright be to me ?"
But Jacob insisted, "Swear to me first !"
So he sold Jacob his birthright under oath.
Jacob gave him some bread and the lintel stew; and Easu ate, drank, got up …
and went his way.
Esau cared little for his birthright. ** (Genesis 25: 30-34)

Thus; “The Bitter-root congregation” :smiley:

Strive for peace with all men, and for that holiness without which no one can see the Lord.
See to it that no man falls away from the Grace of God; that no bitter root springs up through which many may become defiled.
That there be among you no fornicator or godless person like Esau , who sold his birthright for a meal
You know that afterward he wanted to inherit his father’s blessing, but he was rejected because he had no opportunity to alter his choice,
even though he sought the blessing with tears.
… (Hebrews 12: 14-17)

Esau received his birthright from God by being born first from Rebekah.
We Catholics receive our birthright from God THROUGH BAPTISM, some of us as babies, some as adults.

According to St. Peter 3: 21 **“Baptism corresponds to Noah’s Ark exactly”. **
According to St. Paul Rom. 6: 3… “we are Baptized into Christ’s death…”

How much is that worth to you?
Do you appreciate your Baptism ?

Aren’t we living during a flood that is inundating the world now ?
The Church is the Pillar and mainstay of TRUTH
Read 2 Thess. 2: 10-12 about Truth and the lack of love for it.

When you lay down to sleep at night, I pray you can rest IN CHRIST’S DEATH as calm as a baby falls asleep
on the wooden floor of Noah’s Ark, … during the flood.
and may you rest IN YOUR BAPTISM where ever and when ever you are… under all circumstances.

That is Catholic Baptism
Don’t live, (dont leave), this world without it !

for the love of Christ

gusano

I think you wrote that upon deaf eyes!

Those who leave the visible body of Christ, His Catholic Church, have already fallen for lies or are weak in faith.

The Bible does not tell us to have Bible studies or Sunday schools. This is one of the biggest problems with Catholics, they have no idea what they know. It’s as easy for Protestants to tell Catholics lies as it is to give poisen candy to a child. Our Catholic Church fails greatly in teaching Catholics today to combat the Protestant lies they invented in the last few years.

The Church will adapt but it will take some time. It has nearly 2 Billion souls in it after all and Jesus protects it so don’t worry. Protestantism is withering on the vine when you step back and look at it, a fig tree barren of fruit. Catholicism is blooming like a wonderfull flower in Gods hands, a fig tree full of fruit.

JMJ

[quote=Malachi4U]I think you wrote that upon deaf eyes!

Those who leave the visible body of Christ, His Catholic Church, have already fallen for lies or are weak in faith.

The Bible does not tell us to have Bible studies or Sunday schools. This is one of the biggest problems with Catholics, they have no idea what they know. It’s as easy for Protestants to tell Catholics lies as it is to give poisen candy to a child. Our Catholic Church fails greatly in teaching Catholics today to combat the Protestant lies they invented in the last few years.

The Church will adapt but it will take some time. It has nearly 2 Billion souls in it after all and Jesus protects it so don’t worry. Protestantism is withering on the vine when you step back and look at it, a fig tree barren of fruit. Catholicism is blooming like a wonderfull flower in Gods hands, a fig tree full of fruit.

JMJ
[/quote]

Thanks Malachi4U
for your refreshingly wonderful Post . it is like hitch-hiking a ride in a "Turbo charged " Chariot !

Thanks for the vision, I needed that.
Your insight reminds me of the new thrust that is rumbling in our Cathedral Parish of our Lady of Lourdes.
All the committees have been meeting with the Pastor and Assistant and the Evangelization Team to discuss “Whole Community Catechesis”, what the church needs, where we are, where God wants us to be,…
Hey !
Already I am excited !

God Bless

gusano

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.