Baptist Friend Gives Me 365 Messianic Prophecies

A very good friend of mine who is baptist constantly speaks on the end times and sent me this link: hopeofisrael.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=27 Although I find it interesting it really beats me down after a while. He speaks like some authority figure on the subject. He’s constantly prophesizing. Should we as catholics do this, I mean how are we to really know.

Thanks!

Does he himself prophesy or does he claim that current world events line up with Prophesy?

Matthew 24:23-25
23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

He aligns it with scripture.

He aligns scripture with curent events.

If I were bored enough and I had the time, I can align the phone book with current events as well.

It looks like 99% of those prophecies have already been fulfilled during Christ’s first coming. Your best bet is to cite (Mat 24:36) "But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, 22 but the Father alone.

v39 They did not know until the flood came and carried them all away. So will it be (also) at the coming of the Son of Man.

v42 Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come.

v44 So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.

Don’t worry about it. Your friend is spinning his wheels. We’ve been in the end times since Chirst’s ascended to heaven. The important thing is to live your faith. If it happens while your still alive you will be ready. If you die before it happens you are still ready.

Peace,

Ryan :slight_smile:

Why Phillp Melachton had to stop Luther when he wanted to take out Revelations out of the Bible? Why, Why.

I find this most interesting. Ask him how her interprets the scripture when Jesus is speaking of the end on the world that "Only the Father knows, not even the Son"
Deacon Ed B

not before the Catholic church already gave the world aqlmost 350 messianic prophecies from the OT long before any protestant sects were invented.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.