Baptist leaders mark pope’s visit with call to action on climate change

By Bob Allen Leaders of two Baptist groups were among 34 interfaith leaders across the United States sending a letter to Congress in light of the pope’s visit and his call for action to fight climate change. Paula Clayton Dempsey, director of partnership relations for the Alliance of Baptists, and Roy Medley, general secretary of American Baptist Churches USA, joined leaders of other faith traditions urging support for a resolution introduced by Rep. Chris Gibson (R-NY) calling for measures “to create and support economically viable, and broadly supported private and public solutions to study and address the causes and effects” of measured climate change. Gibson organized a coalition of 11 Republican members of Congress in response to Pope Francis’s appeal for a new dialogue about how humans are shaping the future of the planet.

Good heavens, we now are seeing the selling of human baby body parts in this country with the government is allowing it to continue and people are worried about "climate change? Give me a break!

Climate change is a natural occurrence in this world. It has happened since the beginning of time with numerous hot and cold cycles and man was not burning fossil fuels like he is today. This whole thing is a crock.

it only makes sense to prepare our world for negative changes in the climate.

currently, as has always been the case, we do not have anyone who can clearly see the earth’s future climate.

how often are people wrong when they predict the future?

knowing how often people are wrong when they predict the future, it is best that we prepare our world for any and all possible climate changes.

I fear the effects of a colder climate more than I fear the effects of a warmer climate.

in any case, I am extremely dubious that human engineers can control the earth’s climate based on the current state of climate science.

Perhaps they can find a way to mitigate the alleged global warming with dead babies. That will be a win-win situation, wouldn’t it

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.