Baptist.org/closed to Catholics

bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32246&page=1&pp=15

Who’s game? If you are charitable, and know your stuff, go ahead and correct this poor child. This sort of thing should not go on without Catholics speaking for Catholics.

Wow, over 13 pages of posts!
What are some specific posts your questioning?

Perhaps, we could invite the poster here, that way the OP in the thread could learn more about Catholisim to assist them in their evanglizing efforts.:smiley: Although, I am half joking, I would seriously suggest that all those posters be encouraged to come here and debate with us. If they are that interested in evanglizing Catholics shouldn’t they hone their witnessing skills on some really knowledgable people?

Already on it. :wink:

go get em guys

I read through some of the posts. All just gets me annoyed but it is good training into the mindset of some evanglical protestants.

I was concernd by one poster. Her name was ON THE FENCE and in one post she said that used to Catholic. That she posted on a Catholic forum under the name Joy to Be Catholic. I looked up the name on this forum and there is a poster by that name, but it could be an entirely different person. The person, Joy to be Catholic, on this forum wasn’t expressing any doubts on being Catholic. in case y’all are curious, ON THE FENCE is on the last few pages of the Protestant forum that the OP linked to.

SOme of the posters methods for evangilizing to Catholics seem a bit underhanded to me.:frowning:

Does it break anyone elses heart when a poster says something like:

“I used to be catholic but came out of that evil cult 4 years ago”.

Id say that the way they talk about us shows their lack of compassion, and thus a lack of the Holy Spirit, of course, because they have left the Church.

[quote=deb1]I read through some of the posts. All just gets me annoyed but it is good training into the mindset of some evanglical protestants.

I was concernd by one poster. Her name was ON THE FENCE and in one post she said that used to Catholic. That she posted on a Catholic forum under the name Joy to Be Catholic. I looked up the name on this forum and there is a poster by that name, but it could be an entirely different person. The person, Joy to be Catholic, on this forum wasn’t expressing any doubts on being Catholic. in case y’all are curious, ON THE FENCE is on the last few pages of the Protestant forum that the OP linked to.

SOme of the posters methods for evangilizing to Catholics seem a bit underhanded to me.:frowning:
[/quote]

That name does sound familiar.

I read the first page of that thread and had to stop. The outright ignorance irritates me. Those people don’t even make the smallest effort to know what their talking about. :rolleyes: They could at least TRY to get their facts straight, especially the former Catholics!

I would love to try my hand at that board, mentioning that my Church was the only one formed by the second person of the Trinity, that there was only one universal Christian Church from 33AD to some sixteen hundred years later.

I believe that the protestants only exist because they wanted to do something or didn’t want to do something the Church teaches. OSAS makes no sense, unless we could simply become perfect and never sin again. Not having any way to reconcile your sins, except simply asking God to forgive them? Shoot, that’s easy. It’s way easier than a regular examination of conscience, then organizing them by kind and number and confessing them to a Priest, followed by performing your penance. It would just be too hard for them.

And the Eucharist. I get to have the Precious Body and Blood of Christ coursing through my veins, all the time. He is presence is always with me. They don’t even think were Christians.

I’m gonna watch that thread, and I hope some of the more knowlegeable, charitable posters from this forum make it over there. I’m just too Chicken.

I wouldn’t join the fish fry over there myself. And whatever any Catholic says will be rejected outright anyway. But if somebody could just get in ONE post that says:

“If Catholic teaching were, in fact, what many of you THINK it is, then Catholics would agree with you wholeheartedly that the Church is wrong. Fortunately, what you THINK the Catholic Church teaches and what it really does teach, are two very different things. If you want to “evangelize” Catholics, first find out what the Church teaches. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is available on line [give the web address]. If you Catholics came out of the Church based on some of the things I read here, then let me assure you, your catechesis was shamefully defective.”

OTF (JoyToBeCatholic aka OLOMtCarmel) has posted here a number of times. She has a “yearly crisis of faith” where she questions her Catholicity. She questioned for about two weeks earlier this year, then posted a very long retraction of her position. Very interesting, psychologically. She seems to swing back and forth like an oscillating fan, and she needs our prayers to stand firm in her faith.

God bless,
RyanL

They’re really touchy over at that board. Anything that stinks of popery is met by the almighty discipline of the moderators. They make CA moderators look like permissive libertines…

I’ve met a few open-minded types over there, though. They’re still suspicious, but I’ve stated exactly what my goals are (to dispel myths) and they seem to respect that.

I only read the first and last page of this post, though. I don’t think I could remain calm after reading 13 pages of dirty evangelization tricks perpetrated against uninformed Catholics. I don’t think they realize that they aren’t getting faithful, committed, believing Catholics when they convert them. They’re getting the ignorant and the gullible, who then turn around and blast the Catholic Church as though they were Catholic theologians.

LOL

Matt14, the “fully-armed Christian facilitator,” just wrote this:

Thread closed until further notice.

This message board is not for the defense of Catholicism. I see this happening here, thus the thread is closed.

So, I guess all diplomacy is off. They will not discuss the possibility of ceasing evangelization efforts to Catholics. Guess we’ll just have to evangelize right back. :wink:

(I apologize if I ruined it for anyone who wanted to jump into the fray…)

[quote=montanaman]LOL

Matt14, the “fully-armed Christian facilitator,” just wrote this:

Thread closed until further notice.

So, I guess all diplomacy is off. They will not discuss the possibility of ceasing evangelization efforts to Catholics. Guess we’ll just have to evangelize right back. :wink:

(I apologize if I ruined it for anyone who wanted to jump into the fray…)
[/quote]

Good posts from you in that thread.

The site doesn’t SEEM that anti-catholic overall, but the moderators seem tetchy. It could easily go more anti-catholic though, if the wrong sort of people dominate.

What Muslims are taught in their mosques - unbiased

No, they’re not professionally anti-Catholic there. They’re worse. Instead of making a living trying to tear Catholics down, they start from the condescending position that most Catholics aren’t Christian, but a few inexplicably are and just need to be nudged to the fullness of the truth–whatever watered-down version their sect embraces this year.

I’m holding my cards close until I find an opportunity to make one last hard-hitting point before bannage. So far they seem like newborn babes despite their familiarity with chapter and verse. They’re thrashing out theological issues that have been answered by the Church centuries, if not millenia ago. And when presented with Catholic arguments, they seem genuinely surprised.

Like I said, they’re not anti-Catholic. They’re just smug.

There seem to so many people wantiing to evangelise Catholics such to the extent there are now organisations for this purpose:

angelfire.com/ky/dodone/

It is sad but we should persist in trying to spread the truth.

[quote=Chichebe]There seem to so many people wantiing to evangelise Catholics such to the extent there are now organisations for this purpose:

angelfire.com/ky/dodone/

[/quote]

Lol. Yup. I just sent them a little note.

In that thread, the “On the Fence” person could use some help. Please pray for her.

[quote=montanaman]No, they’re not professionally anti-Catholic there. They’re worse. Instead of making a living trying to tear Catholics down, they start from the condescending position that most Catholics aren’t Christian, but a few inexplicably are and just need to be nudged to the fullness of the truth–whatever watered-down version their sect embraces this year.

I’m holding my cards close until I find an opportunity to make one last hard-hitting point before bannage. So far they seem like newborn babes despite their familiarity with chapter and verse. They’re thrashing out theological issues that have been answered by the Church centuries, if not millenia ago. And when presented with Catholic arguments, they seem genuinely surprised.

Like I said, they’re not anti-Catholic. They’re just smug.
[/quote]

I signed up with the sole purpose of posting Mercygate’s paragraph, but I noticed that every thread YOU were in, Montanaman, got closed because they want NO ONE defending the Catholic faith. I thought your posts were the soul of reason, by the way. I think the lesson here is that the way to avoiding dealing with the truth is to ban any discussion of it! They don’t seem willing to allow us to clear up any misconceptions of the Church’s teachings.

[quote=Chichebe]There seem to so many people wantiing to evangelise Catholics such to the extent there are now organisations for this purpose:

angelfire.com/ky/dodone/

[/quote]

And linking a couple of threads…that site was created and is maintained by the same Bill Jackson who posts so rubustly in the Baptist.org forums. What goes around…well, you get the picture…

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.