Baptist.org

I used some of the materials from keating to fix any misconceptions the baptists at baptist.org had regarding the Catholic Church. I used bible references to back up arguments and they banned me and erased my posts. Weak man…very weak.

ALSO, they are into Chick Tracts too, but they won’t use them to preach to us because they know we know it’s propaganda.

They rejected my registration a while back:D .

Saying I was Catholic, using the name St. Sebastian, and giving Gen. 3:15 and 1 Peter 3:15 as my favorite verses are what probably did me in:whistle:

LOL They sound like a brainwashed cult. About the Chick tracts though, if they “know we know it’s propaganda” then that means they KNOW themselves it’s propaganda… yet they still read them?!

To be honest it’s not so bad they banned you, after all how helpful banging your head against a brick wall?

I’m still frustrated from reading a protestant post condemning John Paul as the anti-christ because he didn’t receive enough insults from the media… what???

He claimed that because jesus said that He and His followers were not of this world anyone who is not openly attacked is somehow evil. I guess if that guy’s minister were ever to become popular he would condemn him as a heretic too.

[quote=leo123]To be honest it’s not so bad they banned you, after all how helpful banging your head against a brick wall?

I’m still frustrated from reading a protestant post condemning John Paul as the anti-christ because he didn’t receive enough insults from the media… what???

He claimed that because jesus said that He and His followers were not of this world anyone who is not openly attacked is somehow evil. I guess if that guy’s minister were ever to become popular he would condemn him as a heretic too.
[/quote]

Isn’t he openly attacking the pope himself??

Precisely, but I bet if someone had tried pointing that out to him he would have tried to deny it!!! :slight_smile:

[quote=JackmanUSC]I used some of the materials from keating to fix any misconceptions the baptists at baptist.org had regarding the Catholic Church. I used bible references to back up arguments and they banned me and erased my posts. Weak man…very weak.
[/quote]

Obstinence runs deep in the Baptist confraternity.

Someone told me (before I became Catholic) that Pope JPII was the anti-christ. I didn’t believe that, but it was being told. He said something about when you add the letters you get 3 6’s…I was like what a load of ****.

You’re not kidding, I was reading an article about it a while ago

Check this out: catholic.com/newsletters/kke_030930.asp
I think it was written by one of the apologists on this site

Well done Jackman. Maybe a seed or two got planted, from scripture, before they deleted the posts.

Now we can just pray for them.

Asteroid - ex baptist deacon & lay-preacher. In the UK, where baptists are a little more moderate but still baptist!

[quote=asteroid]Well done Jackman. Maybe a seed or two got planted, from scripture, before they deleted the posts.

Now we can just pray for them.

Asteroid - ex baptist deacon & lay-preacher. In the UK, where baptists are a little more moderate but still baptist!
[/quote]

So let me get this straight, Jackman… you post your replies purely from scripture as evidence, and they STILL delete them? And they say WE are the ones who try to keep people from “hearing God’s word”. Geez.

I’m just about to register as CatholicTom…this should be fun.

[quote=Catholic Tom]I’m just about to register as CatholicTom…this should be fun.
[/quote]

They probably have a registration bot that will automatically ban you for any name that involves Catholic.

true enough, I can’t register…no regsitration email, lol

They wouldn’t accept my registration either, but hey…they know where to find us if they want the truth. Google “Trail fo Blood” if ya want something “Baptist” that will really make ya wanna puke. Whew! Can’t believe that I ever was one of them and wanted to be a pastor… :eek:

Thank you dear heavenly Father for guiding your lame son home.
Pax vobiscum,

How about checking out this one… It’s pretty active:

baptistboard.com/

-Michael

[quote=SouthCoast]How about checking out this one… It’s pretty active:

baptistboard.com/

-Michael
[/quote]

Oh wait. That’s the one that rejected me, not baptist.org. My bad.:o

You’d thing they’d want us on there so they could evangelize us. :hmmm:

Man, if you argue with these people using the Bible to back up tradition they just regurgitate the argument they had to begin with, totally discarding any scriptually based references you have. haha

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.