Baptist.Org.

I noticed while CA were down that there is a web site called Baptist.Org. There is a discussion forum just for Catholics and Baptists. I would like to encourage Catholics to register an account there in order to refute some of the accusations flying around there.
You need to register to view the Catholic forum at Baptist.Org, but it would be worth your time to clear up those misconceptions.

Because Roman Catholicism first began as a pagan religion, it cannot ever become true Christianity, no matter how many Christian ideas are added to it. What is a pagan religion you ask? It is a religion that tells people to pray to idols instead of the one true God. Catholicism teaches people to venerate idols and pray to deceased people instead of Jesus.
…this from Baptist.Org.

I registered at Baptist.Org and believe these people need to be shown The Truth about The Holy Mother Church.

[quote=Dandilion]I registered at Baptist.Org and believe these people need to be shown The Truth about The Holy Mother Church.
[/quote]

I’ve taken part in discussions on that website. These people are in serious denial–even when you offer them the truth in crystal-clear terms, they still refuse to believe anything you say. Example: They claim Catholics worship Mary–I tell them that we don’t worship Mary–they still insist that we worship her. They have many false beliefs about what Catholics believe and even if you tell them the truth about our faith, they continue to believe what they want to believe. They are very much against the Catholic faith, and they are not open at all. After participating in a few discussions on that website I gave up because anything I had to say was falling on deaf ears. To be honest, that has been my experience with most Baptists. I have relatives who are Baptists and whenever we discuss matters of faith, if I say something that proves Catholic teaching to be correct, they abruptly cut me off and say “No more talk of religion.” It seems they are afraid I might say something that could possibly change their view of Catholicism.

[quote=Asella] I have relatives who are Baptists and whenever we discuss matters of faith, if I say something that proves Catholic teaching to be correct, they abruptly cut me off and say “No more talk of religion.” It seems they are afraid I might say something that could possibly change their view of Catholicism.
[/quote]

YEP! They are in serious denial. Heaven forbid anyone deny them their once saved, always saved theory. They go bonkers. Funny how they seem to quote scripture but never scripture which clearly teaches we must follow Christ and work out our salvation. :rolleyes:

My dh’s family is much the same. Real pain in the kesters if you foil their efforts to stay in the dark in anyway.

We still have to try. A problem with forums is that there are too many of them, same with group discussions. I believe that the only way to reach these people (for us humans anyways) is to do so one on one. Having others there just creates a feeling of fellowship and so on and so forth. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it, but think about teenagers: when there are one or two of them they can be normal, but when they get into large groups, they get all “crazy” lol and wild. I’m trying to get across the same idea.

The problem with Baptists is that they draw from sortof a combination of the ideas of Ulrich Zwingli and John Calvin, who were two really tough cookies.

Ask them where the sinners prayer is in the Bible. Don’t present it as an attacking question, but act as though you are legitimately interested in their faith and that you want to learn about it, so you are asking where you can go in the Bible to read about it.

I too have posted in their forum, but I find that I become angry entirely too quickly! I find that I have to pace myself somewhat in there, and not go on a regular basis. However, I have to say…the chance to see Bill Jackson’s words/diatribes on a daily basis is quite enlightening!

I found that site has many glitches in it, making it near to impossible to post.

[quote=Dandilion]Because Roman Catholicism first began as a pagan religion, it cannot ever become true Christianity, no matter how many Christian ideas are added to it. What is a pagan religion you ask? It is a religion that tells people to pray to idols instead of the one true God. Catholicism teaches people to venerate idols and pray to deceased people instead of Jesus.
…this from Baptist.Org.

I registered at Baptist.Org and believe these people need to be shown The Truth about The Holy Mother Church.
[/quote]

You mean I’m NOT a knee bending, candle lighting, Mary praying, graven image worshiping, ring kissing, bead counting, cracker eating, wine gussling, mindless popeish dominion, pagen after all?:bigyikes:

Are you sure Catholics don’t believe those things? How do you know the Church doesn’t lie to us and keep the truth hidden from us like I’ve heard from my Christian friends who state this as fact?

I guess I need to read the Bible and the Catechism instead of reliable sources about the TRUE Catholic Faith like chick tracts and Baptist church handouts I have?:nerd:

I’ve been posting on thier forum but I notice they are very rude and self righteous. Boy is their logic ill. They need some serious help.

I have had a great time posting there. You should try it. Most Baptist boards won’t even let Catholics post that I have gone to. I’m sure they’ll kick us out too. I see they delete a lot of posts they don’t agree with. We speak kindly and prove our Faith, they are rude to us and delete many posts. Boy that’s fair.

I hate to use a cliche, but “They can’t handle the truth.”

The leaders of some of these faiths NEED to continue spreading hate against the one true Church … otherwise they lose their power.

I just checked it out and read some of the discussion going on…that Bill Jackson guy is not a very nice person at all.

[quote=bobby_bambino]I just checked it out and read some of the discussion going on…that Bill Jackson guy is not a very nice person at all.
[/quote]

Yep…and he is the one who is on a self-described mission, heading up the organization “Christians Evangelizing Catholics.” Setting a wonderful example, don’t you think?

uh mm, I went to Baptist.org, but I did not see a section on Baptist-- Catholic debate at all? Would someone tell me where this section is? :slight_smile:

I think there is sometimes too much tension between Christian groups in general. This happens not only between Catholics and Baptists, but also with some other protestant denominations. Each group thinks they are right and the other is wrong. What a great thing for Satan–causing all these divisions within God’s people. We need to stop being so wrapped up in ourselves and look to God and his Word. But I suppose that’s just wishful thinking…

Baptists are the hardest to talk to, because of a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that they are usually Calvanists.

This is probably why there’s such a problem with them always judging people and being harsh and aggressive in their criticisms: to them they’re predestined for Heaven so it doesn’t much matter what they do.

[quote=justcatholic]uh mm, I went to Baptist.org, but I did not see a section on Baptist-- Catholic debate at all? Would someone tell me where this section is? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

hmmm, i second that, maybe they realized that the catholics were coming to reveal the truth and so, shut the thread down.

[quote=Magicsilence]hmmm, i second that, maybe they realized that the catholics were coming to reveal the truth and so, shut the thread down.
[/quote]

You have to register and log in before you can get access to the catholic discussion section.

This is probably why there’s such a problem with them always judging people and being harsh and aggressive in their criticisms: to them they’re predestined for Heaven so it doesn’t much matter what they do

I don’t want to stir up anything, but I’m Baptist. We don’t believe we’re predestined for Heaven. The only way we’re getting to heaven, or anyone else for that matter, is through Jesus Christ. And it’s not that we’ve been predestined for it. If you don’t accept who Jesus is in your heart, then you’re not going to Heaven whether you call yourself a Baptist or Catholic. It’s a decision you personally make whether you want to accept God’s gift of salvation or not.
And also, I didn’t know about the Baptist.org site, so I’m checking it out too. And for the same reason I came here; I like to hear what people’s views are about their beliefs. But remember, with every religion or group or whatever, you’re going to get some outspoken people that don’t do justice in representing the whole. So don’t get too hot to trot if you come across some cooks. Some people love to debate more than have a discussion. So just FYI. :slight_smile:

[quote=jdc1084]I don’t want to stir up anything, but I’m Baptist. We don’t believe we’re predestined for Heaven. The only way we’re getting to heaven, or anyone else for that matter, is through Jesus Christ. And it’s not that we’ve been predestined for it. If you don’t accept who Jesus is in your heart, then you’re not going to Heaven whether you call yourself a Baptist or Catholic. It’s a decision you personally make whether you want to accept God’s gift of salvation or not.
And also, I didn’t know about the Baptist.org site, so I’m checking it out too. And for the same reason I came here; I like to hear what people’s views are about their beliefs. But remember, with every religion or group or whatever, you’re going to get some outspoken people that don’t do justice in representing the whole. So don’t get too hot to trot if you come across some cooks. Some people love to debate more than have a discussion. So just FYI. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, I didn’t mean to say that all Baptists think they are predestined. I had said in paragraph 1 how Baptists tend to be Calvanists, and that’s why I said they think they’re predestined. It’s only those Baptists that really are Calvanists that do. Of course there are Baptists who are not Calvanists too!

Read around here, you’ll find a lot of good info, and enjoy your stay.

[quote=bobby_bambino]I just checked it out and read some of the discussion going on…that Bill Jackson guy is not a very nice person at all.
[/quote]

So, who is this Bill Jackson guy? A great Baptist Phrophet? Just a preacher? I never heard of him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.