Baptists

Go to www.landoverbaptist.net. It’s dumb. We Catholics (and any other righteous Christian) should join to bring this hate-spewing machine down.

It’s parody. A hoax to poke fun at the fundamentalist types. I think it’s popular with the atheist and agnostic set.

I mean, it’s offensive, but it’s not an actual church.

I’m aware of that. But it is still very offensive against not only us (Catholics), but a variety of other cultures, ethnicities, and religions.

I agree. I wish their hosting company would shut them down.

I disagree. I don’t think that it is the duty of Catholics to bring down hate-spewing detractors. On the contrary, I think we are called to teach and live the truth, by which such things are dispelled. When one puts a lamp on a table, it does chase the shadows out, but not because one runs around the room chasing the shadows. Turning up the light by nature causes the shadows to be dispelled.

Jesus gave the parable of the wheat and the weeds:

Matt 13:24-30

24 Another parable he put before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. 27 And the servants of the householder came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then has it weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’ 29 But he said, ‘No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”

This illustrates that we leave it up to the angels to sort out the souls. we are not to try to root up the weeds, such as those you noted in the OP. We are called to tend the wheat, and bring in the harvest.

If we focused energy instead on bundling and burning all those weeds, we would never attend to our real work, because there is no end of such calumny.

I just read through their ‘Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians’ thread…yikes :eek:…I agree though, ‘it’s dumb’

Maybe they are not dumb … in one aspect. One of their purposes is to make you read and get you irritated. If you let them get you like this, they are smarter. I pray and ignore them.

This site was started as a parody site by two students expelled from Falwell’s Liberty University.
A similar one is bettybowers.com.

LOL, OK, it all makes sense now. I was a student there myself. I also went on mission trips with the dean of religious studies. I started getting in trouble there when I wrote a paper about the real presence. I was an oddity in the Baptist world in that my Bible Alone experience led me conclusively to be believe that Christ was truly present in the bread and wine. Later I got in trouble for accepting that a Catholic was saved on a mission trip.

I love good parody, but that stuff is puerile. They’re trying awfully hard to be offensive by pushing as many buttons as they can think of, but the result is worse than tasteless–it’s simply boring.

Just remember that Jesus never started the “Baptist” religion. It was invented in england in the 16th century.

holy cow! even i knew that was BACKWARDS even for a “protest ant” lol

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.