Baptized Protestant - renewing bapstismal vows?

One of the options to receive a plenary indulgence in the Year of Faith is the following:

(D) On any day they chose, during the Year of Faith, if they make a pious visit to the baptistery, or other place in which they received the Sacrament of Baptism, and there renew their baptismal promises in any legitimate form

I was baptized as a Protestant. Can I still make a "pious visit" to the baptistry where I received this sacrament, or does this option presuppose a Catholic baptism?

Thanks!

[quote="SecretaryMonday, post:1, topic:318607"]
One of the options to receive a plenary indulgence in the Year of Faith is the following:

(D) On any day they chose, during the Year of Faith, if they make a pious visit to the baptistery, or other place in which they received the Sacrament of Baptism, and there renew their baptismal promises in any legitimate form

I was baptized as a Protestant. Can I still make a "pious visit" to the baptistry where I received this sacrament, or does this option presuppose a Catholic baptism?

Thanks!

[/quote]

You would go to wherever you received your valid baptism. The "or other place" provides for the possibility that you weren't baptized at a baptistery.

[quote="aemcpa, post:2, topic:318607"]
You would go to wherever you received your valid baptism. The "or other place" provides for the possibility that you weren't baptized at a baptistery.

[/quote]

Thanks! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.