Bartender

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but is being a bartender considered to be an immoral career in the eyes of the Church?

No.

:o I sure hope not. I was a bartender through half of my college career. My favorite nights were Thursdays, when the Theology on Tap group would come to our place. Fr. Al could put away two (TWO!) baskets of waffle fries in one session. :thumbsup:

[quote="Catholic4Jesus, post:1, topic:317220"]
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but is being a bartender considered to be an immoral career in the eyes of the Church?

[/quote]

Bartenders and priests share more in common than you might expect. ;)

The opposition to alcohol is mainly a Protestant/American thing (though not all Protestants or Americans oppose).

[quote="Ophelia23, post:3, topic:317220"]
:o I sure hope not. I was a bartender through half of my college career.

[/quote]

Any interesting drinks come to mind?

[quote="Bezant, post:5, topic:317220"]
Any interesting drinks come to mind?

[/quote]

Well actually, yes! Fr. Al took me out for my first drink after I turned 21 and he ordered for me. I had never heard of the drink before, but it was a beast! I believe it was called 'Snake Nuts'. :p He was a great guy.

Believe it or not, there is a patron Saint of bartenders: St. Armand.

saints.sqpn.com/saint-amand-of-ma…

[quote="Ophelia23, post:6, topic:317220"]
Well actually, yes! Fr. Al took me out for my first drink after I turned 21 and he ordered for me. I had never heard of the drink before, but it was a beast! I believe it was called 'Snake Nuts'. :p He was a great guy.

[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote="Ophelia23, post:6, topic:317220"]

[/quote]

Snake Nuts

Drink Type: Cocktail

Ingredients

2 oz. Vodka (more Vodka drinks)
2 oz. Amaretto (more Amaretto drinks)
1 oz. Triple Sec (more Triple Sec drinks)
1 oz. Lime Juice (more Lime Juice drinks)

Instructions

Shake with ice and strain into a lowball glass. Alternatively can be served in shot glasses.

[/quote]

Nope.

[quote="SMOM, post:9, topic:317220"]
Snake Nuts

Drink Type: Cocktail

Ingredients

2 oz. Vodka (more Vodka drinks)
2 oz. Amaretto (more Amaretto drinks)
1 oz. Triple Sec (more Triple Sec drinks)
1 oz. Lime Juice (more Lime Juice drinks)

Instructions

Shake with ice and strain into a lowball glass. Alternatively can be served in shot glasses.

[/quote]

Yes, that sounds about right! It was quite... ahem strong. :blush: :D

[/quote]

Suggest you don't ask that question on St. Patrick's Day.

If you tempt people into sin by getting them intoxicated yes. If you just serve them no.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.