BDSM relationship?

So I have a friend who is into BDSM, and he is planning on moving into his girlfriend’s apartment in order to be her sex slave. He says he’ll always have to wear a collar and crawl around on all fours or something like that. Anyways, I was wondering how sinful this is? He’s Catholic and she’s Protestant and they’ve both assured me that they’ll be attending Mass every Sunday. So if this were real, would it be sinful, and if so, how sinful is it?

It would be fornication, which is yes a very serious sin (grave matter for mortal sin).

It would also be the sin of giving scandal, which is yes also serious.

No need to address the other issues.

Gee, does anyone else note the OP’s use of the phrase “if this were real”?

I call fake on this.

Yes, I did notice that.

It was a strange way to post about this issue. If the people were married and wanted to practise BDSM, it would be a more interesting hypothetical. But as they are not married, the fornication issue negates the need to even address the BDSM. So if it’s a troll to get Catholics to talk about BDSM, it’s a fail. But I’m happy to assume it’s not a troll for now and play along.

Is this a serious post? I guess CAF is on the “what-sites-to-troll” for secular modernists.

1. Catholic & Protestant dating.
  2. Wants to cohabitate.
  3. One’s into BDSM
  4. One will wear a collar
  5. Say they’re going to mass every Sunday

:rolleyes:

Such a post shows up after the release of 50 Shades of Grey.

Is there a Lutheran, Baptist and an Orthodox Jew in the story as well?

It’s bad, man! I mean real, real, real bad.:eek:

Three quarters of the posts here now are bogus.

Oh bother. :nope:

Hmm, sounds a little fishy

But what if they promise not to use artificial birth control? Would it be o.k. then?

:rotfl:

Very funny! He left out the marijuana issue, too. What if they were using weed?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.