Be mindful of our guests…

I hadn’t really thought of it until it was brought to my attention by a Muslim friend…but by just reading some of the thread titles in this forum, they’re simply shameful and a real turn-off to any open dialogue between the faiths. We do have Muslims visiting here and if this is the impression they get of Catholics…it’s not going to be very conducive to understanding them, or they, learning about the Good News.

I propose we try to be better witness to the life of our Lord, by greater charity, respect, and graciousness.

May His peace be with you all…

Here, here. If you see me err, please correct me.

Yours in Christ,
RyanL

[quote=BenRosa]I hadn’t really thought of it until it was brought to my attention by a Muslim friend…but by just reading some of the thread titles in this forum, they’re simply shameful and a real turn-off to any open dialogue between the faiths. We do have Muslims visiting here and if this is the impression they get of Catholics…it’s not going to be very conducive to understanding them, or they, learning about the Good News.

I propose we try to be better witness to the life of our Lord, by greater charity, respect, and graciousness.

May His peace be with you all…
[/quote]

Now that’s what I call …REAL CHRISTIAN SPIRIT!

thx and peace,

deen

Bless you, BenRosa! You are so right. Let’s not forget to “Love thy neighbor”. :love:

Found in Chapter 5 of the Holy Quran:

"And nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, “We are Christians”: because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant.

**And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognise the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses. **

**“What cause can we have not to believe in Allah and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous?” **

And for this their prayer hath Allah rewarded them with gardens, with rivers flowing underneath,- their eternal home. Such is the recompense of those who do good. "

We cannot have dialouge when we are under attack. We should not make and offering of the olive branch as our children and our brothers and being buried, beheaded, crucified, and blow up daily. When their is victory, then their can be peace.

I agree that we should defineatly treat our Muslim brethern here better! If I may offer my poor insights as to why they appear to be treated so bad, and this isn’t an insult to anyone…

1. Its a forum of debate. Thats its nature, learn to argue, and argue with non-Catholics. Sometimes, very often, people forget that the point of these debates is to save souls, not win glory.

2. Islam personally says “Christianity is wrong, as are your most central beliefs.” Obviously all other religions that aren’t Christian think Christianity is wrong (don’t gimme weird New Age stuff), but it is specifically pointed out in their Holy Book. Its like constantly waving a flag saying that you, you in particular and your beliefs are wrong, though I know Judism and Christanity are important parts of Islam, so its not their fault. I don’t know much about it, but perhaps something similar is one of the reasons for the traditional animonsity between Jews and Christians.

Just some thoughts, please don’t interpret them as insults. I find Islam facsinating-it seems like a “religion alllll staaaaaaaaars” sorta thing-Judism and Christanity plus new-comer Islam.:smiley:

[quote=A.Pelliccio] When their is victory, then their can be peace.
[/quote]

And what is “victory”?

As our Lord said to Peter when He was being taken into custody, “Put it down Peter, those that live by the sword…die by the sword.”

May the Holy Spirit rain peace on our world and wisdom to those who seek it.

Greetings Everyone;
Thanks to all those who expressed nice thoughts and feelings and thank you for reminding us that we are your guests; people so often forget that and abuse somehow the hospitality of their hosts, including myself sometimes :o Although I don’t think it happened in this message board “yet”, but if you see me do it, please don’t hesitate to raise the flag and gently (I think you are full of gentleness) put me back to my guest seat.

Regards.
Joseph.

I don’t see how having a debate is anything bad or talking about the beliefs of another creed is undesirable.

Would it be a terrible thing to know that the Mormons believe after they die, they get their own planet and how they once viewed blacks as inferior? I guess that kind of talk is not mindful of the “Mormon guests”.

Or how about discussing the beliefs of Scientologists, mentioning the aliens and spirits and how it was started by a Science fiction author… is it not very nice to talk about such things? Are we to just hold hands and sing…:rolleyes:

I am sorry, but I don’t buy it. Protestants come on these boards and I am happy to clear things up for them when I can. There is alot of junk out there on Catholicism and if it is about something which I know about, I’ll correct them.

Is discussing that their heaven is abundant with carnal pleasures (young hot virgins and rivers of alcohol) being rude to Muslims?

Thank you for posting this. As a Muslim who recently joined this forum I have seen some harshness coming from some Catholics. Others have been very generous and kind and I really appreciate that. Again I thank you for letting me post on your forum.

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.