Be not afraid , I go before you always

Dear friends

Be not afraid, I go before you always, come follow Me and I will give you rest…blessed, blessed are you…

How does this speak to you?

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

It actually has me singing the tune in my head. :whistle: …you shall cross the barren desert…

Seriously, it comforts me. I know that no matter what I encounter, Jesus is with me. He is my strength and my comfort as the need arises. It gives me confidence to live the Gospels. Peace of mind when people think ill of me because of it. As long as I follow Him, I do not need to be afraid.

Peace,
Jen

This whole life is one long series of trials and temptations. As Job said , " mans life in this world is warfare.".
We can easily become distracted, discouraged, bored, tired, lazy, lukewarm. We can easily lose the faith.
Our Lord is telling us to trust in Him. Be not afraid. He will never abandon us. There is so much at stake. One could easily die of fright if one knew what is at stake. We are sinners. Yet God loves us.
One needs to trust in God, that He will get us to our true homeland safely. One must not become distracted by the allurement of sin. For one will find no peace or happiness in sin. One can only find true peace in Christ. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me , says our Lord, for my yoke is easy and my burden light. And you will find rest for your souls.
Blessings- we should thank God for all our blessings incl. those tests that give us an opportunity to show our fidelity.

I’d just like to point out that I’m no Saint. I struggle with my fallen nature like everyone else. Remeber me in your prayers.

[quote=John Russell Jr]This whole life is one long series of trials and temptations. As Job said , " mans life in this world is warfare.".
We can easily become distracted, discouraged, bored, tired, lazy, lukewarm. We can easily lose the faith.
Our Lord is telling us to trust in Him. Be not afraid. He will never abandon us. There is so much at stake. One could easily die of fright if one knew what is at stake. We are sinners. Yet God loves us.
One needs to trust in God, that He will get us to our true homeland safely. One must not become distracted by the allurement of sin. For one will find no peace or happiness in sin. One can only find true peace in Christ. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me , says our Lord, for my yoke is easy and my burden light. And you will find rest for your souls.
Blessings- we should thank God for all our blessings incl. those tests that give us an opportunity to show our fidelity.

I’d just like to point out that I’m no Saint. I struggle with my fallen nature like everyone else. Remeber me in your prayers.
[/quote]

Well said John!

Things happen…like right now i face a bit of trouble during the summer…but I trust that God will work it out…

This is one of my favorite songs in Mass. I find it very comforting. I have a tendency to worry and panic about things that are out of my control. Like now I’m due to deliver a baby in about 2 months and I’m already worrying about everything. Like the pain and the health of the baby. I was actually worrying last night about this very thing and the words of this song came to mind and made me feel much better. I thought, “whatever happens, Jesus will be with me. There is no pain that I can undergo that He hasn’t been through worse. He understands and will be with me.”

They played this hymn at my friend’s funeral that passed away in October, and then again at the memorial service at her college. So, it reminds me of that and how it made me cry because the words comforted me that she was with God. And that he was with us at that horrible time and always is. That we can find peace in Him if no where else in the world. With all the terrible things that happen that we don’t understand, the one constant is that Jesus is always there and will never leave you.

Dear friends

This phrase that I posted is from my favourite hymn (as you all know it is from a hymn based on scripture).

I am very moved and encouraged by all of the posts so far. It inspires my faith to see how God works in other people’s lives as well and what gives them courage and comfort in trying times.

I will keep the lady in my prayers who posted and is due to deliver her baby soon. Infact I will keep all of you in my prayers.

John you are a saint that is falling and rising and one day God willing you will be a saint forever.

I hope many more people post as I have really been heartened by the replies so far.

Thank you all so very much

God Bless and much love and peace to you

Teresa

They played this song for Communion the Sunday after Pope John Paul II died in honor of him. I couldn’t sing because it brought me to tears.:crying: And wouldn’t you know, I couldn’t find a tissue so I had to snivel my way up the aisle.

[quote=springbreeze]Dear friends

This phrase that I posted is from my favourite hymn (as you all know it is from a hymn based on scripture).==================================================================================================================== Hi Springbreeze, It brings Isaiah 43 to my mind. It is very comforting to me that God is with me,and that I have nothing to fear. :thumbsup: God Bless.
[/quote]

[quote=springbreeze]Dear friends

Be not afraid, I go before you always, come follow Me and I will give you rest…blessed, blessed are you…

How does this speak to you?

Teresa
[/quote]

The words Be not afraid, come, follow me really stuck out for me. Here is the image I get when I read those words:

Jesus stands near me. Eyes full of love hold steady my gaze as He grins.
The wind ruffles His hair and he laughs.
"Come!"
Unsure, I watch Him. I hesitate.
The laughter lessens to a brillant smile as He extends His hand.
"Come."
The sun breaks free from a cloud and warms my skin. The wind picks up and wraps around us.
Love looks at me.
"Be not afraid."
I place my hand in His and feel the strength.
I smile.
He laughs.
"Follow me!"
HIs voice commands but is full of delight.
Grinning I step forward. He helps me up the ravine.
My feet follow until I stand next to Him. He hugs me. We draw apart and He holds my hand once again.
We turn and look down the feild.
I turn to see Him watching me.
I grin.
“Come.” I say.
He- Whom- My- Heart- Loves ruffles my hair and laughs.
He squeezes my hand.
“Follow me.” Love invites.
Together we turn, the wind chasing us as laughter fills the sky.

[quote=Jade]The words Be not afraid, come, follow me really stuck out for me. Here is the image I get when I read those words:

Jesus stands near me. Eyes full of love hold steady my gaze as He grins.
The wind ruffles His hair and he laughs.
"Come!"
Unsure, I watch Him. I hesitate.
The laughter lessens to a brillant smile as He extends His hand.
"Come."
The sun breaks free from a cloud and warms my skin. The wind picks up and wraps around us.
Love looks at me.
"Be not afraid."
I place my hand in His and feel the strength.
I smile.
He laughs.
"Follow me!"
HIs voice commands but is full of delight.
Grinning I step forward. He helps me up the ravine.
My feet follow until I stand next to Him. He hugs me. We draw apart and He holds my hand once again.
We turn and look down the feild.
I turn to see Him watching me.
I grin.
“Come.” I say.
He- Whom- My- Heart- Loves ruffles my hair and laughs.
He squeezes my hand.
“Follow me.” Love invites.
Together we turn, the wind chasing us as laughter fills the sky.
[/quote]

Dear Jade

Thank you! I love the way you write. I haven’t forgotten the poetry thread where you posted some of your lovely writings there.

Beautiful. Thank you again

Teresa

Springbreeze,

Thank you for the compliment.:o

I’m trying to find that thread- but I’m having trouble- do you know it by chance?

[quote=Jade]Springbreeze,

Thank you for the compliment.:o

You’re welcome Jade

I’m trying to find that thread- but I’m having trouble- do you know it by chance?

I tried to do a search of my posts and can only find the last 20. :frowning: I can’t find the thread sorry about that Jade.

Teresa

[/quote]

I appreicate your time in looking. Thanks!

God Bless!
Jade

I love this song. It makes me cry every time we sing it at church. My husband was over seas for 14 months and this song always made me think of him and hoping he knew that god was with him keeping him safe. He returned home safely and now we are expecting our 5th child. I now think of my children when I here it. Just reading this post I was crying. It is a very moving song.

Hi Teresa, I really like this song too, it’s really comforting :slight_smile: they played it at Mass one time and it almost made me cry too.

I think it is interesting that when God sends His angels to deliver a message, they usually start with “Be not afraid”. So many people are/would be afraid if they hear directly from God. To me it is comforting. Our Lord loves us so much that in the gentlest way He speaks to us with “Don’t be afraid.”

I woke up singing this song this morning and to me, it means God is with me. He is reminding me that although I cannot see what lies ahead of me, He can. If I follow the path He is setting for me, I do not have to worry, because He is in control of everything. Like a small child with an understanding that their parents will take care of all of their needs, I can rest in the knowledge that my heavenly Father will take care of all of my needs.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.