'Be Opened' Sums Up Christ’s Mission, Pope Says

Pope Benedict XVI says that the public ministry of Jesus Christ is encapsulated in one “small but very important” Aramaic word: “Ephphatha.”http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/headlinebistro_complete/~4/sqCz7iIH__Q

More…

I added the emphasis on public ministry.

From the link.

The Pope observed that the “closure of man” and his “isolation” are not solely dependent on the sensory organs.
“There is an inner closing, which covers the deepest core of the person, what the Bible calls the ‘heart’,” said the Pope. “That is what Jesus came to ‘open’ to liberate, to enable us to fully live our relationship with God and with others.”

What caught my eye is the relationship between public ministry and “That is what Jesus came to ‘open’ to liberate, to enable us to fully live our relationship with God and with others.”

If the public ministry of Jesus were today, I wonder what would enable us to fully live our relationship with God and others.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.