Be still after communion- God will speak to you! It happened today!

Dear all;

After receiving communion, I tried to just be still, to let Jesus speak to me.

I contemplated how I had received Christ, in full- body, blood, soul, and divinity. I though about how I became a vessel, a temple; and how we should protect and keep our bodies pure. While I contemplated, I silenced my thoughts and asked God to speak to me.

Into my head popped this: 2 Corinthians 6. I thought- “Hmm. My head probably thought of that using some number is at seen sometime in the recent past.” Doubting, a bit. But then I realised that- yes- that is probably how my mind got the numbers- but something put them there- yesterday, the day before…

So I got home and looked at 2 Corinthians Ch 6. God indirectly led me;

Bear with me here…!

I looked up Catholic Bible online and tried to find this chapter.
By ‘mistake’ I reached 1 Corinthians 6 and read:

15 Do you not realise that your bodies are members of Christ’s body; do you think one can take parts of Christ’s body and join them to the body of a prostitute? Out of the question!

16 Or do you not realise that anyone who attaches himself to a prostitute is one body with her, since the two, as it is said, become one flesh.

17 But anyone who attaches himself to the Lord is one spirit with him.

18 Keep away from sexual immorality. All other sins that people may commit are done outside the body; but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

19 Do you not realise that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you and whom you received from God?

20 You are not your own property, then; you have been bought at a price. So use your body for the glory of God.

…Wow!!

For info the ACTUAL 2 Corinthians Ch 6 is:

“I will live with them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be my people.”[c]
17 Therefore,

“Come out from them
and be separate,
says the Lord.
Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you.”[d]
18 And,

“I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty

Wow! That is very cool!! I have tried to be more attentive to Our Lord after Communion as well. Thank you for this reminder! What a beautiful story!

Yes! Thanks for the reminder. I am usually still in shock that I am allowed to partake of the Eucharist again that I am numb and just stand there grateful and thankful for that blessing alone. It all happens in a blur for me still. I will try to remain in prayer and seek His further guidance since I feel like St. Faustina with no real person on earth to talk to about spiritual things. Maybe I will ask for that.

Having a Holy Hour opens us up to many wonderful inspirations too. God Bless. Memaw

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.