Be sure to wish your guardian angel a happy feast day!

Today is the feast of the Guardian Angels. As St. Bernard says in the Divine Office today: “Let us be devoted and grateful to such great protectors; let us return their love and honor them as much as we can and should.”

God our Father, in your loving providence you send your holy angels to watch over us. Hear our prayers, defend us always by their protection and let us share your life with them forever. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen (Opening prayer, Mass of the Guardian Angels, concluding prayer, Divine Office of the Guardian Angels)

:smiley:

Certainly the angels and saints want us to honor them by the best way: by asking for their intercession. They find the greatest honor when we entrust ourselves to God’s Mercy through them, because by this we bless God in His angels and His saints, we turn from evil to the Lord, and we accept God’s graces, which all of Heaven is happy to pour out for our greater good. All the requests of the saints and angels throughout history aim for the sanctification of God’s Name. Other ways to honor God’s heavenly creatures is the erection of shrines, various devotions, using one’s talents to remember them by, and small acts of love for their honor - for example, writing a poem about a saint or reading a book about a holy life or contemplating the sufferings of Christ through the sufferings of Mary.

Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide.

There are many occasions, in my opinion, that my Guardian Angel has saved me both physically and spiritually. Thank you, my Guardian dear. :gopray: :hug1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.