Beautiful 11 yr old girl with days to live

Payton is a beautiful 11 yr old girl with a 7 yr old sister. Her family is preparing to say goodbye to this amazing child as she goes to spend Christmas with Our Heavenly Father. She has fought metastatic ewings sarcoma for just over a year now and it won’t be long. Here is a link to her website: caringbridge.org/visit/paytoncram

%between%

Below is the last entry in her journal written by her father Jeff.

It has been a long 24hrs+ - Traci & I are also growing weary. I can’t help but think about Mark Schultz’s song (I have changed the words from “He to She”)

I’m down on my knees again tonight
I’m hoping this prayer will turn out right
See there is a girl that needs Your help
I’ve done all that I can do myself
Her mother is tired
I’m sure You can understand
Each night as she sleeps
She goes in to hold her hand
And she tries not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes

CHORUS:
Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see her?
Can You make her feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take her place somehow
See, she’s not just anyone
She’s my one

Sometimes late at night I watch her sleep
I dream of the girl she’d like to be
I try to be strong and see her through
But God who she needs right now is You
Let her grow old
Live life without this fear
What would I be
Living without her here
She’s so tired and she’s scared
Let her know that You’re there

CHORUS

Isaiah 43:2-3 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you: when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.

God knows what is best - Nothing comes our way that has not first passed through the filter of Gods love. Payton is pretty close to going home to be with her Heavenly Father - we had an awesome talk about Heaven and dying - she had me go and wake up Paige so she could kiss her and tell her she loves her - it was a very special time for the 4 of us. Payton also told Traci and I " I don’t want you to cry" - she’s so strong. Please pray for strength, courage and peace. We BELIEVE she will be made whole soon. Thank you for all your prayers and support.

She is in my prayer

Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on Payton’s family.
I want You to flood Your graces upon them and upon this little girl.

Praying for a miracle for Payton!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for a miracle and peace for her family.

Many prayers for Payton & her family…

Her little sister & I share the same name. :slight_smile:

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Holy Jesus, grant Payton and her family all your comfort and healing graces. Raise her up and grant her life to your glory.

Amen

Prayers that her beautiful, young soul will rest in peace. :gopray2:

UPDATE ***

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 06, 2008 09:47 PM, CST

Uncle Jon here. We wanted to let our extended family, all of you, know that Payton is completely healed. Now she is dancing with Jesus. She passed away at 9:02 p.m. When God took her to her heavenly home she went very peacefully with Jeff and Traci right by side her.

It has been a long year but what a year of hope, faith, strength, smiles, caring, and most of all love. Jeff and Traci gave Payton everything to their little girl and made a young brave, inspiring and courageous girl the best year possible. Payton we love you and we are going to miss you but we WILL see you again. WE BELIEVE!

Love,

Uncle Jon and Aunt Laurie

Please pray for her soul and for the comforting of those whose lives have a hole in them now with her gone. The suffering has ended for Payton but continues for Jeff, Traci and Paige.

I posted a link to this thread in her journal so they could see how all of you have been praying for them. I hope that it gives them some comfort.

God Bless you all,

Lisa

O Christ God, with the saints, grant rest to the soul of your handmaid, in a place where there is no grief, no pain, no sighing, but everlasting life. May her memory be eternal, and may her grieving family be comforted.

:byzsoc:

May this beautiful child rest in peace and may God comfort her family and friends! This just breaks my heart.

God, have mercy on Payton’s family.
and flood Your graces upon them and upon this little girl.

She is in my prayers today!

:gopray:

wow -so sad. May God hold the family close and comfort them at this time.

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/photos/photodir1/paytoncram/large/19c454d411dfeaa14bb65d1.jpg

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 07, 2008 03:14 PM, CST

***If anyone ministers, let him do it with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified. ***1 Peter 4:11 God endows us with gifts so we can make him known - Payton finished well !

Funeral service will be held at 11AM Thursday, December 11, 2008 at the Swartz Funeral Home, 1225 West Hill Road, Pastor Nathan Mains officiating. A private burial will take place at Sunset Hills Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Rainbow Connection, Camp Quality, Frankenmuth Bible Church or Swartz Creek Community Schools to set up a scholarship fund in Payton’s memory. Visitation 4-8PM Tuesday, 11AM-3PM and 5-8PM Wednesday at the funeral home.

Requiem aeternam dona ea Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ea.

Eternal rest grant unto Payton, O Lord. And may your perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.