Beautiful Mass for Mary's "Birthday" on Sept. 8

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Anyone who followed my recent threads on the 33 Day Journey fo Total Consecration ending on Mary’s Birthday also read our Legion of Mary planned a special Mass to celebrate the “Memorial of the Nativity of Mary” on Sept 8. It was just beautiful!!!

How I would have loved to have y’all with us as two priests concelebrated Mass, assisted by the Deacon who is also the Spiritual Director of our Legion of Mary Praesidium. The Priest who preached the Homily is a Franciscan of the Immaculate Conception who has offered the Mass for us for many years on either the First Saturday of Sept. or a Saturday close to Sept. 8. The concelebrating priest is from Ghana and is assigned to us for a few months to help the pastor especially in visiting the sick, homebound or in Health Care Facilities.

Father’s homily was great! Powerful and tender at the same time. He has not been well over the past few weeks and so I ask your prayers for him. We thank the Lord for this dear priest and his faithful service to Jesus through Mary.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.